Application Deadline: January 14, 2022
Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
We are currently seeking a creative, on-the-pulse and dynamic Social Media & Digital Content Specialist with a passion for building meaningful and engaging connections with our audiences and communities, increasing brand awareness, and playing a contributing role in our outreach and marketing efforts and initiatives. If you are an original thinker, a savvy communicator, highly organized, collaborative and driven to devise organic, relatable and quality content, we would love to hear from you!
Position Title: Social Media & Digital Content Specialist
Reporting to: Content Design Manager
Type of Employment: Full-time, 35 hours per week
- Plan, create, publish and share new content (including original text, images, video and code) on a daily basis that builds meaningful customer connections, increases brand awareness and encourages community members to engage with the brand.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to develop social media campaigns.
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies.
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content. Harbourfront Centre is active on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. This role may also encompass TikTok and YouTube in the future.
- Monitor SEO and customer engagement and suggest content optimization.
- Moderate user-generated content in line with the moderation policy.
- Collaborate with sales, web design, web development, digital marketing, customer relations and product development teams.
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules.
- Capture and analyze the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and social media best practices to measure the success of every social media campaign, then use that information to refine future campaigns.
- Work with copywriters and designers to ensure content is informative and appealing.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Diploma or degree in Digital Marketing, Digital Media or related field.
- 2-3 years of social media marketing experience.
- Experience with social media content creation and management (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube).
- Harbourfront Centre uses Agorapulse as a primary social scheduling software, and Latr specific to Instagram.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- High attention to detail with excellent proofing skills and a good eye for aesthetics and design.
- A collaborative and energetic team player.
- A self-starter with a positive can-do attitude and a drive for results.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiples projects in a fast- paced, deadline driven environment.
- Working knowledge and experience with applications to support social media management (HootSuite, Facebook Business Manager).
- Experience with the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver etc.).
- Expertise in MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- This role requires a flexible schedule that includes at times coming on campus during evenings and weekends to capture performances and festivals for social content. When not on campus capturing content, this role is flexible to work from home or within the office.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. All international applicants must have a valid employment Visa authorizing their ability to work in Canada on a full-time, ongoing basis. This role is based in Toronto.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront Centre is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply by contacting email@example.com by no later than January 14, 2022. Please quote Social Media & Digital Content Specialist in the subject line of your application.
Acceptable applications must include a current resume and a cover letter indicating why you wish to join the team, how you would meet the requirements of the role, and your salary expectation.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.