Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
Located at Harbourfront Centre, School Visits is an innovative field-trip centre that provides hands-on, curriculum-based learning experiences through multidisciplinary programs. Our Waterfront Explorations is a unique spring program offering activities related to Toronto’s urban waterfront. We are currently seeking a dynamic, organized and collaborative Registrar, Waterfront Explorations to support all administrative aspects of this program, including registrations, scheduling, financial tracking, report generation, staff supervision and logistics, as well as teaching a selection of Visual Arts and Urban Studies programming to students of all ages (K-Grade 8).
Position Title: Registrar, Waterfront Explorations
Department: School Visits
Reporting To: Manager, School Visits
Type of Employment: Seasonal Contract, April 2 – June 28, 2024
Hours of Work: 4-5 days per week, 28-35 hours per week
Pay Rate: $21 per hour
- Oversee the registration process for Waterfront Explorations programs, including phone and email inquiries, web registrations and distributing completed confirmations.
- Complete registrations and staffing assignments in Artifax, our event management software.
- Work with School Visits team to ensure venue maximization through daily and weekly schedule meetings.
- Oversee the daily operations of Waterfront Explorations programs, including communication with visiting teachers, staff management and all administrative tasks.
- Collects deposit fee and processes payments for all Waterfront Explorations programs.
- Support Waterfront Explorations Educators in program delivery, providing feedback on teaching approaches, classroom management and content.
- Prepare end of season reports.
- When scheduled, assume role of Educator which entails preparing, monitoring and resetting all classroom spaces, teaching a variety of workshops to a diverse range of students from pre-kindergarten to grade 8, monitoring students’ progress, providing assistance and encouragement, and pacing workshops to meet students’ needs, ensuring inclusion of all students remains top priority,
- Keep inventories up to date and in good order and communicating to the Education Officers when materials are running low.
- Administrative experience acquired through work in a similar capacity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to handle potentially difficult situations with diplomacy.
- An affinity for technology and excellent computer proficiency skills, including knowledge of various applications (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Able to provide or willing to obtain a Criminal Background Check and/or Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Relevant experience leading workshops with children in any formal or informal setting (school, gallery, museum, before/after school program, camp) is highly desirable.
- Bilingual (English-French) is considered an asset.
- Training in education and or/child development (B.Ed., E.C.E., artists in community, or equivalent) is preferable.
- Knowledge of Artifax or similar venue management software is considered an asset.
- Ability to work outdoors, as this program takes students outside to explore the waterfront.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront Centre is committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Acceptable applications must include a current resume and a cover letter. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by contacting email@example.com by no later than February 29, 2024. Please quote Registrar, Waterfront Explorations in the subject line of your application.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.