Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
Exciting seasonal employment opportunities for summer 2024 exist in Harbourfront Centre Camps, one of Toronto’s largest, most diverse and creative day camps. We are currently looking to bring on board a Healthcare Facilitator to support the health, safety and well-being of campers and staff.
Position Title: Healthcare Facilitator
Department: Recreational Learning
Type of Employment: Seasonal, Contract
Duration: May-September 2024 (Training starting in May 2024 / Camps: July 2-August 30, 2024) *dates are subject to change
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, up to 35-40 hours per week (training on weekends may be assigned)
Rate of Pay: $18.50 per hour
- Responsible for the health, safety and well-being of campers and staff.
- Provide medical care and assessments as necessary.
- Conduct administrative duties such as medical forms, complete incident reports, order supplies, etc.
- Review camper medical information, follow-up with parents/guardians if necessary and provide information to appropriate staff.
- Liaise with parents and public.
- Develop and facilitate basic health and safety training for all staff (first-aid refresher, epi-pen administration, Rowan’s Law, etc.,).
- Provide support to staff on an as needed basis for camper behavior incidents.
- Limited assistance with toileting.
- Assist in staff and camper safety during emergency procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced First Aid with CPR-HCP, Advanced medical First Responder, Emergency Medical Responder certificate, or be registered in a Nursing/Paramedic Program.
- Must be 18 years of age at the start of a program.
- Ability to lead training and camp activities.
- Ability to remain organized throughout workday (timely supply orders, first aid space, filing of medical forms/incident reports, etc.).
- Ability to work effectively independently and take ownership of daily tasks.
- Ability to be responsible (punctual, balance time constraints, prioritize safety of campers/staff, etc.).
- Enjoy working with children and youth.
- A Criminal Background Check (with Vulnerable Sector Screening) is required.
- Previous experience working in a camp setting and/or with children and youth is an asset.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada for the full duration of the contract.
- The role requires standing for prolonged periods of time and some exposure to inclement weather conditions during outdoor and offsite programs.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront Centre’s Camps team is committed to advancing our efforts in equity, diversity and inclusion. We are passionate about learning and supporting participants of all ages and abilities in their growth and development. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply–regardless of race, ancestry, ethnic origin, place of origin, colour, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, creed, citizenship, or disability. We strive for a barrier-free recruitment process and as such, encourage applicants to request accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply through the Harbourfront Centre Camps Recruitment Portal https://harbourfrontcentre.campbrainstaff.com/ by March 31, 2024. You will be asked to create a profile and will be taken to the application selection page. Please note: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis with interviews beginning in February.
Our staff team is one of the things that makes our Camps programs so unique. If you’re looking for new experiences and opportunities for personal and professional growth, this is the place for you! We are dedicated to building a future that better serves our communities—a diverse staff team is essential in achieving this goal. When submitting your application, we encourage applicants to clearly self-identify in your application if you are a member of an equity-seeking group. We genuinely look forward to receiving your application!