Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
We are currently looking to bring on board a creative and passionate Senior Marketing Manager to devise innovative marketing strategies and programs that drive audience engagement and attendance, and to propagate the Harbourfront Centre brand.
Position Title: Senior Marketing Manager
Department: Marketing & Creative Services
Reporting to: Director, Marketing & Creative services
Direct reports: Marketing & PR Coordinators (2), Content Manager & Writer (1)
Type of Employment: Full Time
Summary of Function:
The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for developing marketing strategies and programs to increase public engagement through attendance and ticket sales for Harbourfront Centre presentations, programs and events. The position drives the execution of the marketing plans and strategies, directs the day-to-day activities of the Marketing & PR Coordinators and the Content Manager & Writer, and works collaboratively with the Creative Services team, the Digital Transformation team, and the Box Office Manager, to meet marketing objectives.
• Develop marketing communication strategies and plans for both ticketed events, and free public programs as well as commercial business in consultation with the organization’s various busines units.
• Lead the strategic direction and use of Tessitura and database marketing to increase engagement, ticket sales and attendance.
• Plan, coordinate and evaluate marketing and communication initiatives, activities, programs and services with other departments.
• In collaboration with the Creative team, establish the style and tone of content for marketing campaign components; write briefs for the development of marketing and communication assets
• Develop positive and effective working relationships with all departments for the successful development and implementation of marketing campaigns.
• Develop and manage the program marketing budgets; oversee the accounting and processing of departmental and program marketing expenses; review requisition for items and approve within budgetary guidelines.
• Attend planning and evaluation meetings with department representatives to discuss plans and objectives, coordinate efforts, develop action plans and/or marketing advice. Act as a liaison with the Toronto International Festival of Authors and The Power Plant teams.
• Supervise the activities of the Marketing and PR Coordinators responsible for the execution of the marketing plans and of the Content Manager & Writer; review success of the plans upon program completion.
• Supervision includes assignment of work with a keen eye to monitoring project status and timelines; providing assistance and coaching, evaluating and managing performance, making hiring/termination decisions and other related tasks.
• Gather metrics, measure results and evaluate the effectiveness of the marketing plan for each program and project upon completion, using both quantitative and qualitative analysis.
• Monitor and produce regular reports and analytics of marketing performance, making changes to strategy as necessary.
Skills and Requirement:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or business is preferred
• 5 + years of experience in a comparable role in an arts related, not-for profit organization.
• Job requires a strategic, creative and innovative thinker with problem solving skills and a constant desire to improve existing processes or develop new ones.
• Extensive knowledge and experience working with print, electronic, digital, social and ethno-culturally diverse media; a solid understanding of digital marketing campaigns and social media outlets, how to utilize them effectively in all marketing strategies and to significantly increase the use and effectiveness of these outlets in all marketing campaigns.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills, tact, diplomacy, the ability to clearly and effectively disseminate marketing strategies and campaigns.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work with internal teams, external communities and with various levels of stakeholders.
• Project management and organizational skills, ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines.
• Skilled in developing staff abilities and motivating and inspiring them to explore innovative options and techniques.
• Ability to inspire confidence in the Marketing team at all levels of the organization.
• Strong leadership capabilities with the ability to work with a variety of individuals and teams across all levels of the organization.
• Working knowledge of Tessitura is an asset.
• A fast-paced environment where the ability to multi-task, perform under pressure graciously, show adaptability to deadlines and varying schedules, are a must.
• Ability to work regular office hours Monday to Friday, as well as evening and/or weekend when required.
• Remote work from home is currently in place, however the candidate must be able to work on site at our downtown campus as needed and when return to work directive is in place.
• Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. All international applicants must have a valid employment Visa authorizing their ability to work in Canada for the full duration of the contract.
• Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront Centre values and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in our teams, creative communities, programmes and services. We invite qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Acceptable applications must include:
- A current resume
- A cover letter indicating your salary expectations and why you would be the perfect fit for the role
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their candidacy by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than November 15, 2022. Please quote Senior Marketing Manager in the subject line of the application.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.