Application Deadline: February 27, 2023
Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
Harbourfront Centre is currently seeking motivated and reliable individuals to join our Marine department as Marine Service Crew.
Position Title: Marine Service Crew
Department: Site Operations
Reporting to: Manager, Marine Services
Contract terms: Immediate employment 3-month probation period
- Installs and maintains floating docks, Marine Safety equipment and Marine electrical and mechanical facilities.
- Observe equipment in operation to detect potential problems, and safety concerns.
- Assists with Marine programs as required.
- Responsibly and safely operates Harborfront work boats, vehicles, heavy equipment.
- Assists with the mooring of visiting ships.
- Works with the Marine Crew Lead Hand on installation of new facilities.
- Ensure all water lots at Harbourfront are free of debris, garbage and seaweed daily.
- Replace worn, damaged, or defective dock boards, posts/rails and all related equipment.
- Inspect marina, docks, piers, and report all necessary repairs.
- High school education
- Proficient in using hand tools, power tools, and heavy-duty equipment.
- Experience with electrical systems and the loads that can be placed on them.
- Knowledge of carpentry, metal work, fiberglass repairs and welding.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to swim, and a strong understanding of water safety
- Must have a valid G license
- Forklift license and asset
- Certified first aid/CPR an asset
- Work schedule varies, weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada for the full duration of the contract.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply by contacting email@example.com by no later than February 27, 2023. Please quote Marine Service Crew in the subject line of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.