Application Deadline: October 7, 2022
Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
Harbourfront Centre is currently seeking a reliable and responsible individual to join our Marine team as the Marine Service Coordinator.
Position Title: Marine Services Coordinator
Reporting to: Marine Services Manager
Direct reports: Marine crew
Type of Employment: Full Time
Summary of Function:
The Marine Service Coordinator supervise and implements site-related maintenance, repairs and marine programs to our floating infrastructure. They are also responsible for directing and supervising the marine crew on daily tasks and projects.
- Installs and maintains floating docks, Marine Safety equipment and Marine electrical and mechanical facilities.
- Observe equipment in operation to detect potential problems, and safety concerns.
- Assists with Marine programs as required.
- Operates responsibly and safely Harbourfront work boats, vehicles and heavy equipment.
- Works with the Marine crew and takes the leads on installation of new facilities.
- Ensures all water lots at Harbourfront are free of debris, garbage and seaweed on a daily basis.
- Replace worn, damaged, or defective dock boards, posts/rails and all related equipment.
- Inspect marina, docks, piers, and reports all necessary repairs.
- Supervises day to day operations of marine crew and reports directly daily to marine manger.
Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum education requirement of high school diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in using hand tools, power tools, and heavy duty equipment.
- Experience with electrical systems and the loads that can be placed on them.
- Knowledge of carpentry, metal work, fiberglass repairs and welding.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team supervisor.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to swim, and a strong understanding of water safety .
- Must have a valid G license.
- Job requires supervisory skills.
- Job requires WHMIS training.
- Marine base working environment is an asset.
- Knowledge of professional, technical and employment standards is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, communication and problem-solving skills is an asset.
- Superior Customer service skills is an asset.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. All international applicants must have a valid employment Visa authorizing their ability to work in Canada on a full-time, ongoing basis. We are unable to sponsor employment visas.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
arbourfront Centre is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply and we welcome applicants from individuals who identify as belonging to equity priority groups.
Acceptable applications must include a current resume and a cover letter indicating how you meet the essential criteria of the position, as well as your salary expectations.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by contacting email@example.com by no later than October 7th, 2022. Please quote Marine Service Coordinator in the subject line of your application.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. If required, suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.