Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
Harbourfront Centre is currently seeking Marine Maintenance Service Crew to join the team for their 2022 Season.
Position Title: Marine Maintenance Service Crew
Department: Sailing and Power Boating
Reporting to: Marine Service Manager
Type of Employment: Seasonal-From April 1, 2022 until September/November 1, 2022
Summary of Function:
The Marine maintenance Service Crew first and foremost looks after our rental fleet – other responsibilities are the general cleanliness of our entire fleet and to perform dockhand duties. The applicant should be flexible with hours and weekends, willing to help out wherever needed, comfortable working outside and committed to delivering high levels of maintenance service skills to members and the general public. We offer comprehensive center training to give you the skills and confidence to do your job’s other core functions.
- Ensure that the fleet is operational at all times
- Conduct daily boat checks and liaise with office staff each morning around fleet availability for customers
- Perform opening and/or closing duties, and conduct fuel runs to local filling station with company vehicle
- Must be flexible – willing to work a varied schedule including weekends and holidays, and able to work mainly outside exposed to sun and weather elements
- Provide a high standard of customer service to all customers , corporate clients, etc.
- Required to drive company boats and vehicles
Skills & Requirements:
- Previous maintenance service experience and good communication skills required
- Must be able to keep up with public demand, and provide competent marine maintenance service crew duties, to ensure the clients have a positive experience
- Must be a maintenance orientated person who enjoys working hands on , take pride in their working environment and can provide good judgement with regard to safety.
- Hold a valid Toronto Harbour Licence and Pleasure Craft Operators Card (we can assist with this)
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada for the full duration of the contract.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization
- Sailing and general power boating experiences are assets
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harborfront is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply by contacting email@example.com by no later than May 24, 2022. Please quote Marine Maintenance Service Crew in the subject line of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.