Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
We are currently seeking an experienced and creative Intermediate UX/UI Designer responsible for designing and improving the user experience of our digital products. This role will work closely with our product and development teams to ensure that our products are intuitive, easy to use, and visually appealing. Our core digital products consist of three marketing websites, two ticketing websites, and occasional mobile art applications. If you are a creative and experienced UX/UI Designer, we would love to hear from you!
Position Title: Intermediate UX/UI Designer
Department: Digital Team
Reporting to: Chief Digital Officer
Type of Employment: Full-time, 35 hours per week
- Work closely with our digital and marketing teams to understand the goals and requirements of our digital products.
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs for web and mobile applications.
- Conduct user research and usability testing to gather feedback and improve the user experience of our products.
- Create and maintain design systems, style guides, and design patterns to ensure a consistent look and feel across all of our products.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest design trends and best practices in UX/UI design.
- 3-5 years of experience in UX/UI design.
- A portfolio of design work that demonstrates a strong understanding of UX/UI principles.
- Proficiency in design tools such as Adobe XD.
- Experience conducting user research and usability testing.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- A passion for creating simple and intuitive user experiences.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada.
- This role is based in Toronto. A hybrid model of work-from-home and work-on-location could be considered.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront Centre values and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in our teams, creative communities, programmes and services. We invite qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Acceptable applications must include:
- A current resume and a cover letter indicating salary expectations and why you would be the perfect fit for the role
- A link or an attachment to a portfolio of your design work
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their candidacy by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than January 31, 2023. Please quote Intermediate UX/UI Designer in the subject line of the application.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.