Application Deadline: February 1, 2023
Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
We are currently seeking an experienced and creative Email Marketing Specialist responsible for all aspects of email marketing campaigns, including content creation and the dissemination of copy. As a core member of the Marketing team, this role will collaborate with our Digital, Creative, Programming, Development and other teams to ensure maximum uptake of Harbourfront Centre offerings. If you are a creative and experienced email marketing professional, we would love to hear from you!
Position Title: Email Marketing Specialist
Reporting to: Senior Manager, Marketing
Type of Employment: One year contract, 35 hours per week
- Work closely with our digital and marketing teams to understand the goals and requirements of our email marketing.
- Create, deploy and monitor a wide variety of email marketing campaigns to support audience engagement with Harbourfront Centre in person and online.
- Produce and execute all email and SMS campaigns, including building emails from templates and HTML, copywriting, asset coordination, QA, and scheduling.
- Use customer data such as web-behavior to drive the message and content personalization. Conduct market research to better comprehend prevailing consumer behaviors, and conceptualize marketing campaigns that speak directly to the pain points of existing and prospective clientele.
- Support various strategic programs via manual and triggered campaigns across the customer lifecycle including prospecting, win-back, nurturing, post-purchase, loyalty, retention, surveys, and transactional emails.
- Ensure design and layouts of emails are optimized, user and mobile-friendly. Work in partnership with designers and copywriters to optimize email creative and template structure and appearance layout of outputs based on best practices.
- Proofread key messaging in and out of email templates.
- Perform render testing across devices, email clients, and ISPs to ensure that emails are rendering correctly for the majority of the subscriber base.
- Distribute emails through the use of automation software. Mitigate email and SMS frequency between program touchpoints to minimize database churn. This includes marketing campaigns, triggered emails, promotional emails, and transactional emails.
- Manage subscriber and other email lists, compiling, purging, securing email databases for future campaigns.
- Manage and execute email/SMS marketing calendar and ensure alignment with business priorities, demand forecasts, and internal stakeholders.
- Track and analyze campaign results, making recommendations for improvements, and contributing to overall marketing reports
- Devise and execute A/B tests, manage testing calendar, record results, and advise on improvements. Testing includes subject lines, message content, CTAs, customer cohorts, and segments, send time, and new features intended to drive performance lift.
- Provide regular campaign performance reports that include opens, clicks, conversions, revenue, revenue lift, unsubscribes, etc.
- Review our former campaigns to ascertain areas of strength and weakness, which could inform subsequent outputs.
- Regularly identify trends and email marketing strategies from other leading global brands to glean insights on best practices and new innovative ideas for email marketing tactics, including audits of how we can acquire, nurture and retain these customers.
- 3-5 years of proven experience in email marketing and communications.
- Proficiency in Hubspot is a must. Skill with email tools such as Campaign Monitor, MailChimp, Constant Contact is required. Hands-on experience in marketing automation platforms.
- Proven experience creating high-impact, unique marketing campaigns, creating compelling content, and achieving open rates greater than 30%, and click through rates of more than 8%.
- Experience using Google Analytics, HTML/CSS, A/B Testing, and other CMS, SQL and similar queries to analyze data.
- Proficient in data analytics to determine important data and be able to suggest improvements.
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM.
- Strong project management skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- A passion for audience engagement and a curiosity about their behaviours.
- Outstanding copywriting and copyediting abilities.
- Ability to harness collaboration to produce well-crafted content.
- Drive, ingenuity, and gumption.
- Willingness to work extended hours to ensure that projects are completed, as needed.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada.
- This role is based in Toronto. A hybrid model of work-from-home and work-on-location could be considered.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront Centre values and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in our teams, creative communities, programmes and services. We invite qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Acceptable applications must include a current resume and a cover letter indicating salary expectations and why you would be the perfect fit for the role
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their candidacy by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1, 2023. Please quote Email Marketing Specialist in the subject line of the application.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.