Application Deadline: September 25, 2022
Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
Position Title: Coordinator, Corporate Partnerships
Reporting to: Associate, Corporate Partnerships
Type of Employment: Full Time
Summary of Function:
The Coordinator, Corporate Partnerships supports the Associate Corporate Partnerships and Director, Development, in securing and stewarding contributions to Harbourfront Centre through the corporate giving portfolio (sponsorship, philanthropic and brand activations). The Coordinator, Corporate Partnership identifies and researches corporate prospects, manages and documents the cultivation and solicitation plan, assists in creating tailored corporate sponsorship proposals and philanthropic applications, prepares presentation materials and facilitates contract creation and benefit packages fulfillment. The Coordinator, Corporate Partnerships is also responsible for supervising seasonal staff supporting the development department, as well as volunteers on an as needed basis.
- Acts as an ambassador for Harbourfront Centre. They will develop an in-depth knowledge of the Harbourfront Centre brand, its programs, events and audiences. Attend external receptions, conferences, seminars and other events at Harbourfront Centre and within the community as a representative of the company to keep informed about the objectives of Harbourfront Centre.
- Will be responsible for carrying a portfolio of corporate donors, marketing agencies and will be expected to support a fundraising target as set by the Associate, Corporate Partnerships and Director, Development. They will also be responsible for responding to requests for brand activations (HC Partners and external inquiries) and oversee production coordination, set up and execution of activations.
- Supports donor cultivation and solicitation through preparation of prospect and donor profiles; Call briefing notes and call reports and Sponsorship, activation and corporate major gift agreements;
- Supports the development of relationships with agencies and assists in scheduling meetings to present upcoming Harbourfront Centre programming alignments and opportunities for their clients and facilitates the preparation of tailored proposals for presentation to the prospective sponsor.
- Supports partner servicing activities for corporate partners (sponsorship and philanthropic giving) by acting as one of the main points of contact for partners on activation days, and partner festivals during evenings and weekends;
- Provides onsite activation support and sponsor servicing during weekends and evenings, from set-up through tear down, and assisting with any other issues which may arise;
- Coordinates with the Planning and Production Department, including: preparation for brand activations and events with a detailed report and schedule, coordinating logistics with internal and external stakeholders, ordering supplies, contract preparation, executing all deliverables from planning to fulfillment for brand activations
- The Coordinator, Corporate Partnerships supports the Development Department with prospect researching, reporting, tracking, data input and supports department events
Skills & Requirements:
- College/University Degree in Marketing, Events, Fundraising, Non-Profit Management or related discipline is an asset;
- Experience working within the non-profits arts sector, experiential marketing, or agencies; customer service experience a plus;
- Strong interpersonal skills to respond to time sensitive client requests, responding to difficult situations with tact and diplomacy;
- Excellent writing and verbal skills;
- High degree of self-motivation, creative problem solving and initiative;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Works well under pressure with the ability to organize multiple activities within time deadlines;
- High level of technical literacy in Microsoft Suite Software (Excel, Word, Power Point). Committed to professional development.
- Job involves working weekends throughout the year, especially during the summer season;
- Experience using HubSpot, Base Camp and Artifax is an asset
- Knowledge of current business and marketing trends, practices as well as sponsorship marketing and experiential marketing practices is desirable
- Interest in corporate philanthropy is desirable
- French language skills are an asset;
- Agency experience, focus on experiential marketing and brand engagement is an asset.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. All international applicants must have a valid employment Visa authorizing their ability to work in Canada on a full-time, ongoing basis. We are unable to sponsor employment visas.
- This role is based in Toronto. While we are currently accommodating employees on a work from home arrangement due to COVID-19, all employees will be expected to return to work at our lakeside gallery when directed to do so.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront Centre is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply and we welcome applicants from individuals who identify as belonging to equity priority groups.
Acceptable applications must include a current resume and a cover letter indicating how you meet the essential criteria of the position, as well as your salary expectations.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than September 25, 2022. Please quote Coordinator, Corporate Partnership in the subject line of your application.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. If required, suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.