Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
Currently, exciting seasonal employment opportunities exist in Harbourfront Centre Camps, one of Toronto’s largest, most diverse and creative day camps.
Position Title: Courier
Department: Recreational Learning
Number of Vacancies: 1
Type of Employment: Seasonal, Contract
Duration: June–September, 2023 (Part-time training starting June 5 / Full-time starting June 26) *dates subject to change
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 9:00am-5:00pm, 35 hours per week (training on weekends may be assigned)
Rate of Pay: $17.50 per hour
- Responsible for collating, sourcing, pick-up and distribution of supplies, as well as providing receipts/invoices to the Assistant Manager
- Responsible for the transportation of campers and/or staff to and from offsite locations (late arrivals, early pick-ups, etc).
- Responsible for camper meal plan organization and distribution.
- Responsible for organization and distribution of camp merchandise.
- Perform general office duties including: responding to inquiries (phone, email and in-person), data entry, filing, assisting with the registration and/or cancellation process, sharing program information, following up with customer concerns and/or incidents, processing payments and/or refunds and changes to registration (waitlists, early pick-ups, travel changes, program transfers, etc).
- Must possess a valid G class driver’s license with a clean driving abstract.
- Able to lift heavy items (as required).
- Ability to use Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook) proficiently.
- Ability to remain organized throughout the work day (on time supply orders, prioritize urgency of daily tasks, camper pick-ups and drop-offs, etc.).
- Ability to work effectively independently and take ownership of daily tasks.
- Ability to be responsible (punctual, balance time constraints, prioritize safety of campers/staff, etc.).
- Ability to bring a positive attitude and enthusiasm to each day.
- A Criminal Background Check (with Vulnerable Sector Screening) is required.
- Enjoy working with children and youth.
- Previous experience in a camp setting is an asset.
- Post-secondary education or training as related to the position is an asset
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification is an asset.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada for the full duration of the contract.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront Centre’s Camps team is committed to advancing our efforts in equity, diversity and inclusion. We are passionate about learning and supporting participants of all ages and abilities in their growth and development. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply–regardless of race, ancestry, ethnic origin, place of origin, colour, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, creed, citizenship, or disability. We strive for a barrier-free recruitment process and as such, encourage applicants to request accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply through the Harbourfront Centre Camps Recruitment Portal https://harbourfrontcentre.campbrainstaff.com/ by June 15, 2023. You will be asked to create a profile and will be taken to the application selection page.
Our staff team is one of the things that makes our Camps programs so unique. If you’re looking for new experiences and opportunities for personal and professional growth, this is the place for you! We are dedicated to building a future that better serves our communities—a diverse staff team is essential in achieving this goal. When submitting your application, we encourage applicants to clearly self-identify in your cover letter if you are a member of an equity-seeking group. We genuinely look forward to receiving your application!