Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
We are currently looking to bring on board an organized, dependable and attentive Administrative Coordinator to administratively support the Manager, Security and Manager, Safety & Emergency and the daily operations of the Safety & Security Department.
Position Title: Administrative Coordinator
Department: Safety & Security
Reporting To: Manager, Security and Manager, Safety & Emergency
Type of Employment: Contract (1 year), 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Employment Start Date: Immediate
Location: Toronto, on -site
- Schedule vacation planning, and fill shifts as needed (Dayforce application) and Third Pary Contract Security.
- Process invoices for payment – review invoices against services rendered, code and submit to Finance for payment, and monitor costs incurred against budget.
- Support and coordinate guard onboarding and training.
- Maintain security statistics to ensure that key information is logged and itemized for the purpose of reporting and analyzing.
- Update policies and procedures – Maintain all policies to ensure they are kept current, and updates are captured timely and accurately.
- File and documentation of all critical and current information (e.g. Person of interest)
- Record and prepare meeting minutes and track actions for follow-up. At times, these meetings occur in the evening and so work schedule will need to be adjusted as required.
- Update and maintain files for all Contractors onsite.
- Track site events on shared calendar and ensure that Safety & Security requirements have been met.
- Support training facilitation and documentation (e.g. book online and in-person training and track attendance)
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Strong computer skills including proficient with Microsoft 365 platform
- Strong administrative skills
- Organization & time management skills
- Attention to detail, able to follow instructions, and seek clarity when needed
- Good initiative
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- Exhibit polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. All international applicants must have a valid employment Visa authorizing their ability to work in Canada on a full-time, ongoing basis. This role is based in Toronto.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront Centre is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply by contacting email@example.com by no later than February 18, 2022. Please quote Administrative Coordinator in the subject line of your application.
Acceptable applications must include a current resume and a cover letter indicating why you wish to join the team, how you would meet the requirements of the role, and your salary expectation.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.