Intermediate Sailing, Bareboat Skipper & ICC Sail Canada Intermediate Cruising
5 Days Live Aboard / $1,585 + HST
This course is designed for the Basic Cruising graduate or sailor with equivalent experience. You will perform controlled sailing manoeuvres, prepare meals aboard and pilot the vessel — as both skipper and crew — into an unfamiliar harbour or anchorage.
Upon completion, you will be qualified for the internationally recognized Sail Canada Intermediate Standard, the recommended minimum certification for bareboat chartering.
Requirements prior to taking the standard:
• Basic Cruising Standard or equivalent experience
• ROC(M) VHF with DSC Radio License endorsement
• Pleasure Craft Operator’s Card (or equivalent)
• Sail Canada Basic Coastal Navigation Standard or Coastal Navigation Standard
Recommended prior to taking the standard:
• Recognized Standard First Aid and CPR certificate
• Sail Canada intermediate Coastal Navigation Standard
To maximize the likelihood of successfully completing the Intermediate Cruising Standard, a student should:
• Have experience as skipper of at least ten day sails (or equivalent)
• Have applied the knowledge and practiced the skills in the Basic Cruising Standard
• Be able to consistently demonstrate the skills learned in the Basic Cruising Standard and the Basic Coastal Navigation Standard.
Sorry, there are no courses scheduled at this time. Please check back!