An invitation to pause.
A Crash Course in Cloudspotting asks you to connect with the subversive act of lying down. It’s about public rest, the acts of bravery we don’t see and scaling the distances and depths of human connection.
The piece is part verbatim theatre, meditation on rest, gravity and connection.
Expect a rare and intimate audio journey of fragile beauty.
For this experience, you will receive a handmade booklet in the mail that includes everything you need to create a resting space. The audio experience is designed as a break from the screen and an invitation to connect remotely in a mix of audience and participants.
About Raquel Meseguer Zafe
Raquel Meseguer Zafe is a UK-based dance theatre practitioner. She acknowledges “crip” as a tool in her artistic process and “rest” as a creative impulse. Zafe is the Artistic Director of Unchartered Collective, a Lost Dog Associate Artist and a Pervasive Media Studios Resident. Unlimited and MAYK support her work.
- An audio-described version of the booklet will be available.
- Audio-described instructions for how to access the app will be available.
- A digital copy of the booklet will be available for download.
- An English text version of the full script will be available.
- For the onsite version of Cloudspotting on April 23, a limited number of devices will be available for guests to borrow if they do not have their own smartphone. Borrowed devices can be picked up at the Information Desk in the Main Building lobby when guests arrive. If you require a borrowed device, please contact the box office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (416) 973-4000 and choose option 1
Dates & Times
April 23 session will be held on our campus with facilitators. Booklets will be given out on site on the day of the event. Please arrive early.
Book your tickets by April 6 to ensure you receive the booklet in the mail prior to the event. Ensure your address is input correctly.