Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
We are currently looking to bring on board a dynamic, collaborative, meticulous and service-oriented Visitor Services Coordinator-Ticketing to support the build and management of ticketing-related activities for year-round events and festivals taking place at Harbourfront Centre.
Position Title: Visitor Services Coordinator – Ticketing
Department: Visitor Experience
Reporting to: Manager, Visitor Services
Type of Employment: Full-Time, 35 hours per week
- Support all ticketing tasks and activities relating to assigned events, including building, maintaining and updating events in Tessitura Ticketing system; assembling and distributing event information to relevant parties; liaising with clients and internal staff; processing complimentary, consignment and special ticket requests, setting up automated reporting, preparing final settlements, mailing lists, and event evaluations.
- Ensure the efficient ticket management of events, seating for all company guest lists, VIP seating and special RSVP’s.
- Build promotional offers, discounts for marketing initiatives and ensure they are implemented with industry standard and effectiveness.
- Liaise with clients, promoters, internal departments (marketing, digital, programming, visitor services) and ensure that all ticketing information is correct and disseminated to all parties effectively.
- Provide ticketing audits for performances, interpret data, metrics and historical references, and provide researched analysis of results.
- Regularly monitor the department’s email inboxes (email@example.com & info@ harbourfrontcentre.com).
- Maintain informational tools via internal website (Microsoft SharePoint) to assist in communicating critical event information to Visitor Services staff, empowering them to provide the best service possible.
- Assist in the training, development and supervision of Call Centre & Information Desk staff, including the activities of the Visitor Services Reps at the satellite Box Offices.
- Manage any customer service issues and escalations that may arise.
- Occasionally support the Digital Ticketing Coordinator to build events on ticketing platform for Call Centre and Web Sales.
- Represent the Visitor Experience team at event planning and production meetings as required.
- Assist with similar or other duties as assigned.
- Excellent working knowledge of ticketing systems (front and back end). Experience with Tessitura system is ideal.
- Experience in supervising and directing staff in delivering a high quality service experience.
- Experience in a ticketing, box office or Front of House role is desirable and preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and impeccable attention to details.
- A strong collaborative and team player mindset.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A demonstrable track record of problem solving in a high-pressure environment.
- Proficiency in Office 365 Suite, particularly in Excel.
- Flexibility and availability to work evening and weekend shifts during events, as required.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada
- This role is based in Toronto. Remote work from home is currently in place, however the candidate must be able to work on site at our lakeside campus as required, and when a return-to-the-office directive is fully implemented.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront Centre values and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in our teams, creative communities, programmes and services. We invite qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Acceptable applications must include a current resume and a cover letter indicating why you wish to join the team, how you would meet the criteria of what we are seeking, and your salary expectation.
Qualified applicants can submit their candidacy by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than August 19, 2022. Please quote Visitor Service Coordinator-Ticketing in the subject line of the application.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.