The Toronto International Festival of Authors (TIFA) is Canada’s largest and longest-running celebration of words and ideas. Since 1974 TIFA has hosted countless authors from more than 100 countries, including 22 Nobel Laureates and countless other award winners. Mandated to cultivate and advance the cause of literature, the organization presents opportunities for curious readers to connect with the finest writers of our time, while providing Canadian writers a global forum in which to present their work. TIFA’s offices and main programming spaces are located at Harbourfront Centre.
We are currently seeking a driven, ambitious, goal-oriented and resourceful Senior Event Producer, who is responsible for planning and overseeing the production and logistics of TIFA’s festival programmes and year-round events.
Position Title: Senior Event Producer
Reporting To: Deputy Director
Type of Employment: Full Time Permanent Salaried
Job Location: Toronto
- Responsible for budget development, partner agreements/contracts, logistics and site planning for events and festivals.
- Works with production, technical and venue staff on event production including staging, design, technical requirements, staffing, health and safety
- Manages participant logistics including travel and accommodation
- Works with publishers, internal and external partners, authors and artists to ensure terms of agreement are prepared and executed
- Manages, prioritizes and oversees events team workload, responsibilities and critical paths
- Liaises with Programming and Marketing teams to advise on production delivery
- Liaises with Grants and Development teams to ensure public funding, sponsor and donor deliverables are executed
- Maintains industry liaison and ensure contracts are monitored and achieved
- Responsible for accurate financial forecasting and timely budgeting
- Knowledgeable of Canadian best practices and venues, suppliers and services
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with industry, venues and suppliers
- Minimum 5 years experience as an event producer, within a non-profit organization is preferred
- Advanced project management skills including budget creation, logistics planning and management and reconciliation
- Experience with festivals, events presentations, conference, experiential, meeting, travel and production management
- Excellent supplier/partner management knowledge
- Advanced negotiating, risk management and contracting skills
- Exceptional ability to establish relationships and maintain a positive rapport with clients, vendors and suppliers
- Demonstrated ability to manage and grow partnerships
- Creative problem solver, resourceful, team player and adaptability to situations and ever-changing demands.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Advanced working knowledge in Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Familiarity with WordPress and HTML/CSS.
- Working knowledge in virtual recording platforms such as Zoom/Zoom Webinar, StreamYard and Riverside.
- Advanced working knowledge in video/audio production and post-production processes
- Familiarity with Artifax an asset
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada.
- This role is based in Toronto. The incumbent must be able to work at our downtown location. A hybrid work model might be considered.
- TIFA recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
We are committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply and we welcome applicants from individuals who identify as belonging to equity priority groups. If required, suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.
Acceptable applications must include a current resume and a cover letter indicating how you meet the essential criteria of the position, as well as your salary expectations. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by contacting email@example.com by no later than October 19, 2022. Please quote TIFA Senior Event Producer in the subject line of your application. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted