Application Deadline: March 3, 2023
Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
We are currently seeking an attentive, organized and collaborative Senior Accounts Payable Associate to support our Finance department with the tracking and payment of invoices, as well as other accounting and administrative needs.
Position Title: Senior Accounts Payable Associate
Reporting to: Controller
Type of Employment: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Work Location: Toronto
- Enter invoices for payment.
- Analyze and review invoices for errors or duplicate billings.
- Set up and maintain Vendor files.
- Analyze A/P Aging.
- Disseminate and track bills for proper approval.
- Print cheques and match with invoices.
- Prepare cheques for mailing.
- Process wire and electronic fund transfer payments in CMO (online banking).
- Ensure T4A/ T4A NR payments contain all necessary information, correctly coded and tagged in the financial system.
- Review statements from suppliers, follow up on discrepancies by contacting suppliers and appropriate HC department budget keepers. Reconcile statements and respond to AP inquiries.
- Maintain record of payments for utility bills, leases, etc., from pre-authorized standing orders and contracts. Ensure standing orders are correct.
- Oversee month-end closing activities and reporting for AP.
- Perform other duties as assigned, when needed.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping, accounting procedures and computerized systems.
- Proficiency in the use of common computer applications and MS office (Excel, Word).
- Well-versed in data entry, report compilation, and answering virtual correspondence.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills and a customer service aptitude.
- An educational background in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration is desirable.
- Ability to work independently while also possessing a spirit of collaboration and team work.
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector is considered an asset.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada on a full-time basis.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks associated with COVID-19. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront Centre is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply and we welcome applicants from individuals who identify as belonging to equity priority groups. Acceptable applications must include a current resume and a cover letter indicating how you meet the requirements criteria of the position.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than March 3, 2023. Please quote Senior Accounts Payable Associate in the subject line of your application.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. If required, suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.