Application Deadline: September 27, 2022
Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
Currently, we are seeking self-motivated and reliable individuals to join our Marine Department as Marine Crew/Welder. This is position is primarily an outdoor seasonal position.
Position Title: Marine Crew/Welder
Employment Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday to Friday, 7am-3pm.
- Reports to the Marine Services Manager any problems with respect to safe, efficient, operation of facilities under Marine Department Control
- Builds steel tube docks, installs, and assembles floating structure.
- Maintains marine assets, safety equipment and marine electrical and mechanical facilities, i.e., boats, docks, buildings and equipment, including sub systems such as, water, electrical and waste.
- Operates responsibly and safely the Harbourfront, steel fabrication equipment, welders, patrol boats, forklift and vehicles, performs all work in a safe and professional manner.
- Assists with Marine programmes as requires.
- Assists with the mooring of visitor ships.
- Works cooperatively with on-site contractors as required.
Skills & Requirements:
- Valid Ontario Drivers license and Pleasure Craft Operators license an asset.
- Metal working experience – welding/ torch cutting/ plasma cutting
- Wood working experience – building decks and rough carpentry operating saw, drills, etc.
- Familiarity with powerboat.
- Able to swim and feel comfortable around the water.
- Able to handle heavy lifting, pushing and pulling.
- Certificate in First Aid/ CPR and water safety an asset.
- Forklift Operator license an asset.
- VHF Radio Operator permit an asset.
- Occasional overtime during busy periods.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. All international applicants must have a valid employment Visa authorizing their ability to work in Canada on a full-time, ongoing basis. We are unable to sponsor employment visas.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront Centre is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply and we welcome applicants from individuals who identify as belonging to equity priority groups.
Acceptable applications must include a current resume and a cover letter indicating how you meet the essential criteria of the position, as well as your salary expectations.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by contacting email@example.com by no later than September 27, 2022. Please quote Marine Crew/Welder in the subject line of your application.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. If required, suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.