Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
We are currently seeking a detailed-oriented, collaborative, highly organized and on-the-pulse Human Resources Generalist to support a busy HR department with employee relations management, recruitment, systems and metrics management, staff mental health and well-being initiatives, and more. Our ideal candidate has a continuous improvement mindset, is proactive and resourceful, loves to organize information efficiently and smartly, and has great communication and people skills. If this describes you, please get in touch as we would love to learn more about you!
Position Title: Human Resources Generalist
Department: Human Resources
Reporting to: Director, Human Resources
Type of Employment: Full-time, 35 hours per week
- Participate in the full-cycle recruitment activities for seasonal, part-time and full-time staff, including preparation of job descriptions and postings, posting of job opportunities on internal and external platforms, candidate screening, interviewing and reference checks, and employment offer preparation and communication.
- Assist with new hire onboarding activities as needed.
- Maintain and manage HR tracking documents, such as the Open Position/Recruitment Report, Staff Departures Report, etc.
- Support the HR department’s efforts to work as efficiently and as effectively as possible through the implementation of best organization and document management practices and methodologies.
- Act as the department’s SharePoint subject matter expert, creating and managing HR Sharepoint sites.
- Set up HR metrics/scorecards.
- Play an active role in the functional management of Dayforce, our WFM system, within the team, and in supporting our employees and managers.
- Provide employee relations support and counsel on a variety of HR-related topics ranging from organizational policies clarification, to performance management, etc.
- As needed, collect and analyze data, compile information and prepare appropriate statistics, metrics and other reports.
- Contribute and lead the department’s staff mental health and well-being initiatives.
- Assist with other HR projects and duties as assigned.
- A minimum of three (3) years of related human resources experience.
- A Human Resources management degree or diploma or equivalent experience in Business, Human Resources, or related area. A recognized CHRP designation is considered an asset.
- Solid knowledge of Canadian and Ontario employment laws, policies, and best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication, both written and verbal, to effectively interact with all levels of staff and external service providers.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as collaboratively, while exercising professionalism, mature judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Superb organizational and time management skills.
- A continuous improvement mindset with demonstrated experience in process improvements and delivering business efficiencies.
- Very strong computer proficiency in Microsoft suite including SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A service-centric mentality, striving to create and maintain positive and supportive relationships with all levels of staff.
- Results-oriented and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with diverse and complex business operations.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure confidentiality and protection of employee data and other sensitive information.
- Previous experience in a not-for-profit organization is an asset.
- Experience working in a blended unionized/non-unionized work environment is considered an asset.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada.
- This role is based in Toronto. The candidate must be able to work on site at our downtown lakeside campus, however a hybrid-work model is being considered.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront Centre values and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in our teams, creative communities, programmes and services. We invite qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Acceptable applications must include a current resume and a cover letter indicating why you wish to join the team, how you would meet the criteria of what we are seeking, and your salary expectation.
Qualified applicants can submit their candidacy by contacting email@example.com by no later than June 17, 2022. Please quote Human Resources Generalist in the subject line of the application.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.