Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
We are currently looking for a talented, resourceful and collaborative Executive Assistant to the Chief Programming Officer with superb organizational and communication skills to provide full executive and administrative support to our Chief Programing Officer (CPO). This position requires a flawless work ethic, as well as being able to juggle a multitude of projects with tact, a can-do attitude and sound judgment.
Position Title: Executive Assistant to the Chief Programming Officer
Department: Public Programming
Key Relationships: CPO, all CPO’s direct reports, and other members of staff. This is a public facing role that includes government partners, donors, corporate partners, as well as the general public.
Type of Employment: Full-time, 35 hours per week
- Provide key contact for the operation of the CPO Office, greeting visitors, answering phones, responding to queries and inquiries, directing person(s) to appropriate personnel, and accurately relaying all messages and information.
- Coordinate the CPO’s calendar.
- Monitor the CPO’s emails and prepare timely responses as appropriate.
- Draft, edit and review correspondence for CPO signature, reports, power point presentations etc. to ensure accuracy and appropriateness.
- Establish and maintain an efficient electronic and paper CPO filing system for correspondence and documents.
- Provide ll administrative support for the CPO by undertaking all office administration and fulfilling technology requirements.
- Respond to inquiries on Programming matters, special events and programs by deciding upon and disseminating information of both a routine and confidential nature, requiring discretionary judgement and extensive knowledge of corporate policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the CPO’s travel, including booking flights and accommodation, arranging per diems and foreign currency as necessary.
- Coordinate and distribute timely notice of meetings.
- Draft agendas and minutes for approval and distributing to appropriate personnel.
- Record minutes of numerous meetings, including weekly Director meetings, and other CPO meetings as assigned.
- Meeting preparation, including compiling and distributing all required information to staff members, preparing all necessary documentation for meeting agenda items, as well as overseeing all technology requirements for presentations and attendance of participants.
- Arrange meeting venues set-up and hospitality.
- Support the CPO in the organization of all public programming agreements.
- Ensure agreement templates remain current and accessible for the public programming teams.
- Review draft contracts and agreements as directed by the CPO.
Support public programming team in the proper filing of all fully executed agreements.
- Undertake special projects as assigned by the CPO from time to time, including but not limited to supporting programmers and producers in new initiatives as required.
Research and compile information for special reports as required and provide ongoing research and analysis of specific issues that impact Harbourfront Centre as directed by the CPO.
Prepare background information and briefing notes for the CPO as assigned, as well as prepare documentation for CPO speeches and presentations.
- Organize all aspects of special functions and receptions, including catering, menus, production, flowers as directed by the CPO.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years’ senior administrative experience at the executive level.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with various levels and groups of people, including dignitaries.
- Excellent time management and organizational capabilities to manage multiple priorities and multi-tasking.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of the arts and culture community both locally and globally.
- Understanding of all aspects of producing and delivering artistic programming to the public.
- Understanding of agreements and contracts as related to producing and delivering artistic programming to the public.
- Understanding of accounting methods, office systems and procedures and the ability to work with budgets.
- Strong demonstrated technical skills and abilities including all computer, software, audio/visual, teleconferencing, and other office equipment required to efficiently service meetings and operate the CPO Office.
- Proficient with word processing, spread sheets and database use.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Discretion and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule due to attendance at meetings, events and productions.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. All international applicants must have a valid employment Visa authorizing their ability to work in Canada on a full-time, ongoing basis.
- This role is based in Toronto. Harbourfront Centre is following and complying with all local and provincial protocols associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. While we are currently accommodating employees on a work from home arrangement, when a return-to-work directive is communicated, all employees will be expected to return to work at our lakeside campus.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
At Harbourfront Centre we are committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply and we welcome applicants from individuals who identify as belonging to equity priority groups. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.
Acceptable applications must include a current resume and a cover letter indicating how you meet the essential criteria of the position, as well as your salary expectations.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by contacting email@example.com by no later than January 16, 2022. Please quote Executive Assistant to the CPO in the subject line of your application. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.