Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
We are currently looking to bring on board two reliable and responsible Delta Guard to help monitor and maintain the safety of our premises, properties, and visitors to our campus.
Position Title:Delta Guard – Evening
Department: Safety & Security
Reporting to: Security Supervisor
Rate of Pay: $17.50 to $19.50 per hour
Number of Vacancies: 2
Hours of Work: Up to 40 hours per week, however hours may vary based on need. Must be available to work afternoon / evening shifts (1600HRS-0000HRS) during the week and weekends.
Summary of Function:
In this key role, the Delta Guard will oversee the Harbourfront Security Control Centre. The role will be to monitor numerous systems including fire and life safety, access control and CCTV. The Delta Guard will assist in tracking and deployment of security staff and handle a variety of dispatch duties including incident call taking.
• Monitors CCTV system and provides command, communications and control functions for the security staff deployed in the field.
• Dispatch of personnel and escalation based on event type.
• Dispatch alarm response calls effectively, concisely, and within designated periods.
• Deal with issues and incidents that are potentially sensitive, confidential or may put persons at risk.
• Utilizing a variety of company software programs efficiently and correctly to perform assignments, manage assets, update and log changes.
• Conduct a CCTV Audit on a daily basis and provide findings to Safety & Security Management.
• Applies the appropriate professionalism, maturity and tact to manage the incident.
• Escalates incidents to the Supervisor immediately when unable to manage the situation at their level.
• Advises the Supervisor of urgent matters, life safety incidents, etc., in a timely manner to ensure the appropriate triage is applied and the appropriate steps are taken.
• Supports incidents as documented or directed to do so by the Supervisor and or Safety & Security Management.
• Performs data entry in a timely, accurate and inclusive manner.
• Adheres to and promotes the Harbourfront Centre policies and procedures at all times.
• Conducts CCTV review for investigations as required.
• Required to conduct key audits and to sign in/out keys at the main desk.
• Respond to any incoming emails and completes the appropriate follow up (escalate accordingly).
• Completes Delta brief report daily.
• May be required to support with screening and access control.
• Will respond to emergency incidents when required.
• Organizing and filing Security documentation.
• Oversees, administers, and maintains the access system and issuance of ID cards.
• Provides general administrative support to the security department.
• Monitors all incoming and outgoing mail and packages, and notifies the appropriate person via email.
• Oversees the company’s radio sign out and hardware management.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature.
Skills & Requirements:
• Minimum education high school diploma or equivalent.
• Requires excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills to deal with co-workers, the general public and outside agencies.
• Involves telephone work.
• Requires competency in MS Office.
• Prior experience in a Security Guard capacity.
• Ontario drivers license with clean abstract.
• Valid emergency and/ or standard first aid/CPR certification.
• Valid certification of provincial standards for Use of Force (in handcuff and baton) desired.
• Strong report writing skills.
• Operational knowledge and working understanding of alarm receivers and servers preferred.
• Experience with photo ID software, hardware, HID card product line preferred.
• Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. All international applicants must have a valid employment Visa authorizing their ability to work in Canada on a full-time, ongoing basis. This role is based in Toronto.
• Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Acceptable applications must include a current resume and a cover letter. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by contacting email@example.com by September 13, 2022. Please quote Delta Guard in the subject line of your application.
Harbourfront Centre is committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.