Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
We are currently seeking a driven, strategic, passionate and goal-oriented Coordinator, Philanthropy to effectively manage and maintain all areas of Harbourfront Centre’s Individual Giving campaign.
Position Title: Coordinator, Philanthropy
Reporting to: In the interim, to the Chief Development Officer
Type of Employment: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Summary of Function
The Coordinator, Philanthropy supports the Development team in the acquisition and stewardship of donors through the Individual Giving portfolio, including individual donors, family foundations, and on-site giving campaigns. The Coordinator, Philanthropy will conduct prospect research to identify new donors and assist with the segmentation of the donor and prospect pipeline for targeted appeals. This position is also responsible for drafting donor communications, such as grant proposals and email appeals, and will oversee the daily processing of solicitated donations and respond to any donor inquiries. The Coordinator, Philanthropy will coordinate all fundraising campaigns, Development events, and other stewardship activities in conjunction with Harbourfront Centre’s year-round programming.
- Works with Development team to develop strategies for approaching individual donors to achieve revenue targets, such as direct mail campaigns, telemarketing, online fundraising appeals, and events.
- Conducts prospect research for the purpose of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual donors and family foundations.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with prospective and current individual donors.
- Ensures all donor recognition commitments are fulfilled.
- Assists with the planning and execution of donor events.
- Pro-actively manages individual donor lists, including donor data lists and event guest lists.
- Develops consistent and appropriate copy for donor communications, including proposals, appeals, newsletters, scripts, and responses to inquiries and event invitations.
- Ensures timelines are met for all tasks, including grant submission deadlines and reporting requirements, Marketing brief submissions, the deployment of fundraising campaigns, and the delivery of creative assets.
- Performs other duties in support of the Development department as required.
- College/University degree in Fundraising, Non-Profit Management or related discipline is an asset.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising and relationship management.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building-skills, with the ability to develop personal and effective working relationships with donors, volunteers, leaders, and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, consensus-building, and conflict resolution skills; high attention to detail.
- Experience working with a database to track and analyze data.
- High level of technical literacy in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience in events, sales, and other customer-facing roles an asset.
- Committed to professional development.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. All international applicants must have a valid employment Visa authorizing their ability to work in Canada on a full-time, ongoing basis. We are unable to sponsor employment visas.
- This role is site-based in Toronto.
- Harbourfront Centre supports a pet-friendly workplace based on our workplace pet policy parameters.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront Centre values and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in our teams, creative communities, programmes and services. We invite qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Acceptable applications must include a current resume and a cover letter indicating how you meet the essential criteria of the position, as well as your salary expectations.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than November 24, 2023. Please quote Coordinator, Philanthropy in the subject line of your application.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. If required, suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.