Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
We are currently seeking a Calling Fundraiser with excellent communication and negotiation skills, exceptional attention to detail, excellent people skills, including active listening and comfortable engaging individuals by telephone for soliciting donations from Harbourfront Centre’s supporters, updating donor information, and other related duties. The calling fundraiser will also have the opportunity to gain valuable experience in the field of fundraising and the arts sector.
Position Title: Calling Fundraiser
Type of Employment: Part-time, 11hours per week
- Serve as an ambassador by establishing an open line of communication between Harbourfront Centre and its supporters.
- Gain a greater understanding of Harbourfront Centre’s organizational structure and its annual needs for financial support.
- Call constituents (supporters of Harbourfront Centre) to build personal rapport, update demographic information, and acquire gifts to the Annual Fund or book meetings for Development Staff.
- Commit to a minimum of 11 hours per week.
- Handle personal information with extreme confidentiality.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain positivity and professionalism
- Ability to think strategically in a fast-paced environment
- Genuine affinity for arts fundraising
- Comfortable engaging individuals by telephone
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and basic database management
- Experience working in a call center or in a fundraising setting is an asset.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. All international applicants must have a valid employment Visa authorizing their ability to work in Canada on a full-time, ongoing basis. We are unable to sponsor employment visas.
- This role is based in Toronto.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from the health and safety risks associated with COVID-19. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront Centre values and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in our teams, creative communities, programmes and services. We invite qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Acceptable applications must include a current resume and a cover letter indicating how you meet the essential criteria of the position, as well as your salary expectations.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org by September 25, 2023. Please quote Calling Fundraiser in the subject line of your application.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. If required, suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.