Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
We are currently seeking an attentive, organized and collaborative Accounts Payable & Administrative Assistant to support our Finance department with the tracking and payment of invoices, as well as other accounting and administrative needs.
Position Title: Accounts Payable & Administrative Assistant
Reporting to: Supervisor, AP & AR
Type of Employment: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Work Location: Toronto
- Enter invoices for payment.
- Analyze and review invoices for errors or duplicate billings.
- Set up and maintain Vendor files.
- Analyze A/P Aging.
- Disseminate and track bills for proper approval.
- Print cheques and match with invoices.
- Prepare cheques for mailing.
- Perform other accounting and administrative tasks as needed.
Skills & Requirements
- A Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration is desirable.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role is desirable.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting procedures and computerized systems.
- Strong attention to detail and a keen eye for accuracy.
- General office experience and use of office equipment (copier, calculator, fax, and computer).
- A genuine interest in and aptitude for Finance.
- Ability to work independently while also possessing a spirit of collaboration and team work.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV is considered an asset.
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector is desirable.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada for the full duration of the contract.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront Centre is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply and we welcome applicants from individuals who identify as belonging to equity priority groups. Acceptable applications must include a current resume and a cover letter indicating how you meet the requirements criteria of the position.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than July 15, 2022. Please quote Accounts Payable & Administrative Assistant in the subject line of your application.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. If required, suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.