Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
We are currently looking to bring on board a collaborative and detailed-oriented Accounting Manager with strong analytical skills, financial acumen, and people management capability who enjoys working in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment and contributing to the overall productivity and objectives achievement of the Finance department.
Position Title: Accounting Manager
Reporting To: Controller
Direct Reports: Treasurer, AP & AR supervisor, and Box Office Analyst
Type of Employment: Full-time, 35 hours per week
- Supervise and manage the activities of direct reports including provide training, plan work assignments, review and manage performance and motivate staff through thoughtful and positive leadership.
- Oversee month end and year end closing procedures.
- Review and approve GL entries and accruals.
- Assist Controller in the analysis of financial information and preparation of financial statements including consolidated and individual month-end and year-end accounting statements and reports.
- Provide financial support for annual grant applications, interim reports and program audits.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts and provide on-going monitoring of expenditures against budgets.
- Manage annual T4A and T4NR reporting.
- Assist in preparing year-end package for financial audits and providing sufficient supporting information in response to audit inquiries.
- Assist in development and implementation of financial policies, systems and procedures to ensure that controls are in place.
- Liaise with insurance brokers and participate in annual insurance renewal.
- Perform other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business.
- Accounting designation is desirable and considered an asset.
- 5 years of progressive analytical experience.
- Strong experience working with financial systems (preferably with MS Dynamics – Navision).
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel.
- Strong ability to navigate through ambiguous situations and think outside of the box.
- Strong attention to detail, as well as ability to stay organized and multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional, fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Not for profit or entertainment business experience is considered an asset.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada.
- This role is based in Toronto.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront Centre is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds to apply. Acceptable applications must include a current resume and a cover letter indicating why you wish to join the team, how you would meet the essential criteria for this key position and your salary expectation.
To apply, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than August 17, 2022. Please quote Accounting Manager in the subject line of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.