Craft & Design
The Power Plant
TIFA – Literary
This document is a mandatory requirement for any event, festival, activation and/or program that occurs on the HC campus. This plan must identify the safety and emergency procedures, and controls in place to mitigate all risks associated with an event, festival, activation and/or program.
For the purpose of this document event participant refers HC employees, artists, event personnel and vendors, not patrons.
First aid and medical response are provided by Security. Please contact security dispatch at (416) 973 4885.
Provide your name, location and nature of injury.
Once they have exited the building, they must go to the nearest assembly point.
When a violent situation, such as a violent protest, is occurring nearby but not directly on HC property you may be alerted to “Hold & Secure.” A Hold & Secure will be issued by the Security Supervisor or Safety & Security Management via email and radio.
During a Hold and Secure alert, you must:
• Remain inside the building you are in.
• Locate in an area where it would be acceptable to lockdown in case the situation escalates.
• Consider making alternate arrangements for obligations or appointments you may have.
• Use the washroom but return to your space immediately afterwards.
• Be patient as this may take several hours
Emergencies that require you to Lockdown include violent situations, such as an active attacker, occurring on HC property. A Lockdown will be issued by the Security Supervisor or Safety & Security Management via email and radio.
During a Lockdown alert, you must:
• Secure the area by locking/barricading the doors
• Turn off the lights and close the curtains or blinds; try to make the room appear unoccupied.
• Keep away from doors and windows.
• Hide behind furniture if you can; otherwise, stay low to the ground and out of sight.
• Set your cell phone to “silent” and avoid using it unless you are reporting an emergency or it’s
• Don’t react to the fire alarm unless fire is evident.
• Remain calm and quiet, and help others do the same.
• Do not move from your hiding place unless it’s no longer safe to stay there, or until authorities declare it safe to leave.
We have 3 levels of emergency response actions for inclement weather: yellow, orange and red.
Lightning detected within 24km and/or Severe Thunderstorm Watch issued and/or Sustained high winds of 40-60km/hr and/or gusts of 90km/h or more
• Key HC personnel will meet and inform partner of next steps.
• All staff and event participants are to be notified of the potential for delays, relocations or cancellations of activities.
• Lower and secure any equipment or signage that may become unstable or loose in high winds.
• Sales from any outdoor venue or tent will stop.
• Evacuation of patrons will only begin if it is determined that storm is moving towards campus.
Lightning detected within 12 km and/or Severe Thunderstorm Warning issued and/or Sustained high winds exceeding 60km/hr and/or a Tornado Watch
• In addition to the previous list
• All staff and event participants informed that outdoor activities are suspend.
• Evacuation of all outdoor activities. Patrons are advised to exit the campus.
• All event participants will seek shelter in pre-determined areas.
• All staff will prepare to seek shelter. Security team will be last time to seek shelter.
In the event of a Tornado warning or sighting
• Seek shelter via all available means