Following Ontario provincial health guidelines, Harbourfront Centre has modified its restrictions at its campus and venues. They are as follows:
- As of May 2, 2022, visitors to Harbourfront Centre’s campus and venues will no longer be required to wear a mask; however, we strongly recommend they do so.
- Our mandatory vaccination policy for staff and new hires continues to be in effect. This provides increased safety for all staff as we continue to transition back to the office. The mandatory vaccination policy will also remain for all contractors, artists and volunteers working in our facilities.
- Health and safety precautions, including enhanced cleaning routines, remain in place, and we ask that any visitors who feel unwell to please postpone their visit.
- For additional information on our updated health and safety measures, plus COVID-19 refund policies, please refer to the FAQ below.
What is Harbourfront Centre’s Mask Policy?
As of May 2, 2022, visitors to Harbourfront Centre’s campus and venues will no longer be required to wear a mask; however, we strongly recommend they do so.
Will you have hand sanitization stations on-site?
Hand sanitation stations will be available throughout Harbourfront Centre’s buildings and at all entry points.
What is Harbourfront Centre’s refund policy?
- If an event is cancelled or postponed, Harbourfront Centre will endeavor to reach all visitors via phone or e-mail to inform them of the cancellation or rescheduled date. A refund for the ticket(s) purchased will be issued. A notice will also be posted on the website and at the venue.
- Performance tickets: Please note that all performance ticket sales are final. Ticket upgrades and exchanges, where possible, must be completed at least 24 hours before the performance. Please allow extra time for parking and locating your venue. Latecomers are not guaranteed entrance to all performances as late calls differ by production, and no refunds will be issued. Questions about ticket purchases can be directed to email@example.com