Application Deadline: February 2, 2023
Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
We are currently looking to bring on board a dynamic, collaborative, meticulous and service-oriented Visitor Services Coordinator, to support the Ushering, Information, Volunteer, and Ticketing teams for events and festivals taking place at Harbourfront Centre.
Position Title: Visitor Services Coordinator
Department: Visitor Experience
Reporting to: Manager, Visitor Services
Type of Employment: Full-Time, 35 hours per week
- Ensure the efficient FOH management of events; advises on VIP seating and special RSVP’s.
- Collaborates with Programming and Operational teams to ensure appropriate venue set up.
- Ensures that all health and safety protocols (incl. current COVID procedures) are followed in order to provide a safe and pleasant environment for visitors and staff.
- Attends organizational meetings and works with Manager/Assistant Manager, Visitor Services to facilitate special client requests – VIP coat check, merchandise sales, signings, pre/post event activities.
- Occasionally acts as Front of House Supervisor on duty in the absence of part time staff.
- Be knowledgeable about ticketing practices to support ticketing teams on an occasional basis.
- Liaise with clients, promoters, internal departments (Hospitality, Volunteers, Programming, Operations, Production, Ticketing to, ensure that all event information is correct and disseminated to all parties effectively.
- Pull and edit reports from our CRM Artifax as well as our Ticketing System Tessitura.
- Ensure all Front of House Supervisors know how to effectively complete and distribute shift reports and Incident Reports.
- Attend meetings within department and represent Visitor Experience at event planning and production meetings.
- Manage any customer service issues and escalations that may arise.
- Assist with any other Visitor Services work as required
- Assist in the training and development of Front of House Supervisors and Ushers.
- Assist in the supervision of Harbourfront Centre’s Information Desk
- From time to time, supervise the activities of the visitor services reps in the call centre, satellite box offices and manage will call.
- Other duties of a similar nature and/or level as required.
- Supervisory/Leadership experience in events related, customer service environments is required.
- Proficient in Office 365 Suite, particularly SharePoint, Outlook, and Word for report/document building, storage, and distribution.
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record of problem solving in high-pressure environments.
- Front of House/Ushering experience in arts/culture venues is preferred.
- Experience in ticketing or a box office role is considered an asset (Tessitura preferred).
- Experience with POS systems is considered an asset (Square preferred).
- Experience with CRM systems is considered an asset (Artifax preferred).
- Valid First Aid Certificate with CPR is an asset (CPR-C Preferred)
- Core working days will be Wednesday – Sunday with frequent evenings.
- As this position supports Harbourfront Centre events, there will occasionally be days where working hours exceed an eight (8) hour standard. Hours worked over 35 hours a week will be tracked and offered as time off-in-lieu to be taken at the discretion of the Manager, Visitor Services.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada
- This role is based in Toronto. Due to the events focused nature of the role, the successful candidate may expect to work on site, with limited-to-no work from home opportunities.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront Centre values and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in our teams, creative communities, programmes and services. We invite qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Acceptable applications must include a current resume and a cover letter indicating why you wish to join the team, how you would meet the criteria of what we are seeking, and your salary expectation.
Qualified applicants can submit their candidacy by contacting email@example.com by no later than Thursday, February 2nd, 2023. Please quote Visitor Service Coordinator in the subject line of the application.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.