Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
We are currently looking to bring on board two reliable and responsible Vaccine Verification/Access Guard to help monitor and maintain the safety of our premises, properties, and visitors to our campus.
Position Title: Vaccine Verification/Access Guard
Department: Safety & Security
Reporting to: Security Supervisor
Rate of Pay: $17.50-$19.00 per hour
Number of Vacancies: 2
Hours of Work: Up to 40 hours per week, however hours may vary based on need. Must be available to work dayshifts / weekend shifts (0900HRS-1800HRS).
• Guard will be stationed at one of the two entry points where they will check employee identification.
• Guard will check the vaccine status of patrons/visitors and will have them check into Harbourfront Centre’s COVID-19 Check-In app.
• Ensure all people entering the building have sanitized their hands and are wearing a face mask.
• Provide wayfinding information to patrons.
• Provide exceptional customer service and sustain effective relationships with clients and patrons of Harbourfront Centre.
• Guard may be required to assist with traffic control during busy hours.
• Escalate any concerns to the Security Supervisor.
• De-escalate crisis situations, provide support and liaise with emergency personnel including; Police, Fire and Paramedic resources.
• Write clear and detailed reports including incident, emergency, liability and day-to-day reports.
• Utilize two way radios and computer applications to communicate site activities.
• Answer inquiries from the public politely and professionally.
• Completes their personal employee memo book, recording incidents and security activities while on shift. As directed, maintains log of security activities for insurance / legal purposes when required.
• Performs other duties as required.
Skills & Requirements:
• Remain calm and effectively perform in emergency situations.
• Able to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
• Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service focused.
• Able to handle confidential information with a high amount of discretion.
• Ability to work in a fast-pace and flexible environment while maintaining the utmost Professionalism.
• Able to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
• Moderate physical activity, standing and walking for long periods including in outdoor weather conditions.
• Prior experience in a Security Guard capacity.
• Ontario drivers license with clean abstract.
• Valid emergency and/ or standard first aid/CPR certification.
• Valid certification of provincial standards for Use of Force (in handcuff and baton) desired.
• Strong report writing skills.
• Operational knowledge and working understanding of alarm receivers and servers preferred.
• Knowledge of the Trespass to Property Act and Arrest Procedures.
• Job involves working a variety of shifts, must be available to work evenings, nights, weekends, dayshifts, and statutory holidays
• Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. All international applicants must have a valid employment Visa authorizing their ability to work in Canada on a full-time, ongoing basis. This role is based in Toronto.
• Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
• Proficient in English (verbal and written) communication skills, Proficiency in French considered an asset.
• Familiarity with the Occupation Health & Safety Act considered an asset.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
How To Apply
Acceptable applications must include a current resume and a cover letter. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by contacting email@example.com by April 4, 2022. Please quote Vaccine Verification/Access Guard in the subject line of your application.
Harbourfront Centre is committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.