Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
Currently, an employment opportunity exists to join our organization as a Tessitura Ticketing Coordinator for a six-month contract. This position offers the chance to work for a leading multidisciplinary arts institution, and to learn state-of-the-art ticketing software and systems. Our ideal candidate is someone who has a few years of related experience in ticketing systems and databases in the art and cultural sector, is extremely attentive and highly organized, possesses a positive and flexible outlook, and thrives working in a busy events-driven work environment. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Position Title: Tessitura Ticketing Coordinator
Department: Digital Transformation
Reports To: Chief Digital Officer
Employment Type: Contract (6 months duration)
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
- Build single ticket and package events in Tessitura for sales online, by phone and in-person.
- Ensure fulfillment of contractual terms regarding event pricing, various fees to be charged, capacity, holds allocations, sales reporting, ticket text, ticket delivery and on-sale dates and times.
- Ensure that revenues, fees and payments are built to stream to correct General Ledger accounts, as specified by contracts and Finance.
- Build promotional offers, discounts and other marketing initiatives as needed, ensuring that they are structured for accuracy and within the capabilities of our systems and processes across all sales platforms.
- Provide Marketing, Digital and Rental Presenters with sales links for web sales.
- Ensure that event sales instructions are entered into Tessitura and TNEW accurately, as per contracts and/or Marketing.
- Ensure testing of event setup across platforms before on-sale.
- Ensure the efficient processing of guest lists and special seating requests.
- Process changes to pricing, dates, times, capacity, holds or other information related to ticket sales.
- Issue and reconcile consignment (A/R) tickets as outlined in contracts.
- Work efficiently to resolve Tessitura or TNEW issues affecting event sales.
- Reconcile events within contractual deadlines; send settlement reports to Finance and Presenters.
- Communicate with internal and external presenters in advance of on-sale dates to ensure that the information in the Ticketing Services Request forms and Ticketing Addendum to rental contracts is accurate and possible to deliver within the bounds of current technologies, policies and procedures.
- Liaise with rental clients, promoters and internal departments (Marketing, Digital, Finance, Programming, Visitor Experience, Theatres, etc.) throughout the on-sale and performance period to ensure that ticketing info is correct and disseminated to all parties.
- Attend internal meetings for all ticketed programs at Harbourfront Centre.
- Provide automated and ad hoc sales reporting to meet the needs of all stakeholders.
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years of related Art Industry Ticketing systems and databases.
- 2+years of related experience in customer or client services.
- A positive, flexible outlook and enjoyment of a busy, events-driven work environment.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Superior attention to detail, organizational ability, initiative and time-management.
- Demonstrated competence in the use of MS office, particulary in Excel.
- Experience using Tessitura ticketing system is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of basic accounting is desirable.
- Knowledge of and interest in Canada’s art community is a plus.
- Remote work from home is currently in place, however the candidate must be able to work on site at Harbourfront Centre’s waterfront campus as needed, and when a return to the office directive is fully implemented.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada for the full duration of the contract.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront Centre is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds to apply. Acceptable applications must include a current resume and a cover letter indicating how you would meet the essential criteria for this position, as well as compensation expectation.
To apply, please submit your application or your interest to provide your services as an independent contractor to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than April 3, 2022. Please quote Tessitura Ticketing Coordinator in the subject line of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.