Application Deadline: May 17, 2023
Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
Harbourfront Centre is looking for an outgoing, responsible, and independent Site Operations Office Assistant to support various site operations departments. In addition to administrative and secretarial duties, you will provide customer service when necessary.
Position Title: Site Operations Office Assistant
Department: Site Services & Operations
Reporting to: Director, Commercial Operations and Facilities
Employment Type: Contract
Hourly Wage: $ 20.00 per hour
Location: Toronto, ON
- Engage with the public by responding to inquiries, disseminating information about available services and offerings on our campus, and providing site directions.
- Provide superior customer service in alignment with the Harbourfront Centre brand.
- Provide internal customer service to other departments by request for parking vouchers, permit applications, and workorder response.
- Assist with various customer service duties within parking lot
- Assist with invoice coding and submission to finance.
- Attend meetings upon request and record notes.
- Assist with creation of presentations and slide decks.
- Assist with workorder processing.
- Research and obtain quotes for various repairs.
- Assist with parking operations including checking ticket stock in machines, preform minor repairs to machines and gates.
- Empty cashboxes and prepare bank deposits.
- Preparation of parking vouchers purchased by staff.
- Monitor contractor database and request updated WSIB and Insurance documentation when required.
- Emergency management support during summer festivals.
- Other duties as required.
- Must be responsible and able to work unsupervised.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills, and a friendly outgoing personality to deal with the general public.
- Must be comfortable providing directive and being politely assertive as needed, to ensure adherence to safety measures and to manage possible situations of conflict that may arise.
- Must have good judgment to assess when escalation assistance might be needed from other departments.
- Experience in a frontline customer service role, engaging with a diverse public is considered an asset.
- An understanding of Harbourfront Centre and its offerings, and a familiarity with our 10-acre campus and the central waterfront periphery is considered an asset.
- Fluency or ability to communicate in one or more languages outside of English is a plus.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada for the full duration of the contract.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks associated with COVID-19. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than May 17, 2023. Please quote Site Operations Office Assistant in the subject line of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.