Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
Harbourfront Centre Sailing and Powerboating (HCSP), is currently seeking motivated and reliable individuals to join our Sailing and Powerboating department as a Sales, & Customer Service Representatives.
Position Title: Sales, & Customer Service Representatives
Department: Sailing and Powerboating
Reporting to: HCSP Manger
Hours: A working week will consist of up to 32 hrs per week throughout the season for full-time employees, and 16-24 hours for part-time employees. Employees will be paid on an hourly basis. Employees will work on a rotating shift basis of either 8.00am-4.00pm, 11am-7pm or 1pm-9pm (this will rotate from week to week).
Type of Employment: Seasonal
Location: Toronto, ON
Summary of Function
Sales & Customer Service Representatives are responsible for general administrative, office, and sales duties, as well as membership and rental policies and procedures. Training will be provided to all staff members, and they will be required to know all aspects of the business.
- Responsible for front line delivery of sales and customer service, and other office administration pertaining to the position.
- Ensure members are well informed through regular and varied communication, and build positive relationships with our customers.
- Carry out member and rental boat bookings in compliance with protocols and policies in place.
- Ensure member and customer profiles are up to date, and maintain customer information database.
- Monitor member boat usage and ensure that members are following club policies.
- Communicate to supervisor any maintenance or boat issues that have been reported.
- Ensure that all Club Health and Safety policies and measures are adhered to by staff and customers.
- Participate in Sales, Customer Service and other general duties including: opening and closing procedures, providing service information and selling our services, processing transactions, rental applications, filing/entering data, and maintaining building cleanliness.
- As weather is paramount to our operations, constant monitoring when on shift is required in compliance with the HCSP Weather Policy (training is provided).
- Secondary education with good grades in Math and English.
- Experience in customer service, sales and administration.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with good professional telephone manners.
- Good organization and time management skills, able to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Must be detail orientated.
- Must be computer literate, familiar with Microsoft Office and Google Drive.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and statutory holidays.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada for the full duration of the contract.
- Post-secondary education in the fields of Tourism/Hospitality/Leisure Management is an asset.
- Experience with customer service, sales, and administration in sailing club environments is an assets.
- Knowledge in Tessitura and Artifax database software is an asset.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation. authorizing their ability to work in Canada on a full-time basis.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks associated with COVID-19. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than April 20, 2023. Please quote Sales & Customer Service Rep. in the subject line of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.