Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
Harbourfront Centre Sailing and Powerboating (HCSP), is currently seeking a motivated and reliable individuals to join our Sailing and Power Boating Department as a Sales, Customer Service & Administrative Representative.
Position Title: SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES
Department: SAILING AND POWERBOATING
Reporting to: HCSP MANAGER
Hours: Seasonal hours of operation (May, June & Sept.) are 12pm-8pm (weekdays), and 9am-8pm (weekends). In July and August, we are open from 12pm-9pm (weekdays), and 9am-9pm (weekends). Employees will work on a rotating shift basis of either 8.00am-4.00pm, 11am-7pm or 1pm-9pm (this will rotate from week to week).
Type of Employment: Seasonal
Summary of Function:
The Sales & Customer Service Representative positions are responsible for general administrative office, sales and customer service duties, and specific responsibilities related to the particular areas, such as Membership and Rentals. All staff will be required to know all areas of the business and will be provided with comprehensive training.
• Responsible for front line delivery of sales and customer service, and other office administration pertaining to the position
• Ensure members are well informed through regular and varied communication, and building positive relationships with our customers
• Carry out member and rental boat bookings in compliance with protocols and policies in place
• Ensure member and customer profiles are up to date and maintain customer database information
• Monitor member boat usage and ensure that members are following club policies
• Communicate to supervisor any maintenance or boat issues that have been reported
• Ensure that all Club and Health and Safety policies and measures are adhered to by staff and customers
• Participate in Sales, Customer Service and other general duties including: opening and closing procedures, providing product and service information and selling our services, processing transactions, handling boat management, rental applications, filing/entering data and maintaining building cleanliness
• As weather is paramount to our operations, constant monitoring, when on shift, is required in compliance with the HCSP Weather Policy (training is provided). The Sales & Customer Service Representatives (Office Staff) will communicate with the Manager on duty, any changes in weather as a proactive response to the weather conditions throughout the operational season. This is for the health and safety of our staff and customers and also for the prevention of potential damage to club boats and equipment.
Skills & Requirements
• Secondary education with good grades in Math and English
• Experience in customer service, sales and administration
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with people with good professional telephone manner
• Good organization and time management skills, able to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Must be detail orientated
• Must be computer literate, familiar with Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Google Drive
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and statutory holidays
• Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada for the full duration of the contract.
• Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization
• Preferably post-secondary education in the fields of Tourism/Hospitality/Leisure Management
• Preferable experience with a sailing/club membership background in customer service, sales and administration
• Knowledge in Tessitura and Artifax databases are an asset
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harborfront is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than July 19, 2022. Please quote Sales & Customer Service Representative in the subject line of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.