Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
Currently, we are seeking three Rink Supervisors to join our Site Services-Retail and Recreation Department. Reporting to the Operations Manager, The Rink Supervisor will be responsible for the sales balancing, scheduling and conduct of the seasonal recreation staff as well as overall daily operations of seasonal outlets. The Rink Supervisor will act as the first point of contact for customers visiting the campus where main duties will be to provide exceptional customer service and maintain a safe and clean environment for staff and patrons alike.
Position Title: Rink Supervisor
Department: Site Services – Retail and Recreation
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Direct reports: Recreation Customer Sales Representatives, Rink Attendants
Number of Positions: 3
Hourly Rate: $18 – $19/hour
Type of Employment: Seasonal
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise and motivate seasonal recreational staff, preparing weekly schedules and prepare daily sales summaries and reconciliations
- Point of contact for cross department operations such as school visits and Learn to Skate
- Process transactions including debit and credit through POS system and balance sales at end of shift
- Maintain clean and safe work environment behind sales counters and maintain clean and safe environment for patrons
- Snow removal and salting of rubber matting and areas around the ice rink and clean and disinfect returned skates and helmets
- Face to face customer interaction answering questions and concerns and customer service offsite for rentals
- Collect and distribute skates and helmets to patrons, provide safe handling of customers’ personal identification, maintain skate and helmet inventory and shelving, and ensure skate and inventory is in safe working condition
- Take skates from customer and provide number for retrieval, organize skates for skate guard to sharpen in first come first serve order, ensure skates are returned to correct customer and ensure proper training of staff and all safety procedures are followed
- Ensure skaters adhere to rink rules and code of conduct, Monitor Ice and Weather conditions, and close rink operations if outside of set parameters
- Report Rink closure and status to all stakeholders and report all first aid incidences immediately to security and maintain log
Skills & Requirements
- Ability to direct and hold staff accountable to ensure all tasks are complete
- Ability to skate
- Upbeat, positive, and energetic personality to create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere
- Experience with sales including balance sales and accurately reporting daily totals
- Organized and neat with a highly professional work ethic and appearance
- Highly customer-service oriented, must exhibit pro-active customer services skills
- Ability to actively listen to customer questions and comments and respond in a clear and concise manner
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision
- Able to work varying shifts and weekends
- International candidates must have or be in the process of gaining a valid Canadian work permit
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. Therefore, an offer of employment shall be conditional upon proof of vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
- First aid/CPR knowledge is an asset
- Experience supervising staff
- Experience in rental environment
- Experience in ice monitoring
- Ability to operate skate sharpening machinery in a safe manner, comfortable providing service to large groups of people at a time
- Ability to engage a diverse retail customer group by communicating the features and benefits of our unique merchandise
Workplace Health and Safety
- All staff are required to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of other personnel (including volunteers and interns) who may be affected by their conduct.
- Ensure that all HC Staff wear appropriate equipment while on shift.
- Complete mandatory safety training: MOL Worker Safety Awareness Training and Workplace Discrimination, Harassment and Violence Prevention Training Modules
- Complete Return to Work- COVID-19 Protocols Training
- Complete training on Working in Cold Weather and abide by all requirements of the policy
- 4-8 hour shifts between 9:30am-11:30pm everyday including holidays
- Available entire contract period of mid-November to mid-March
- Standing on concrete flooring for whole shift
- Repeated reaching and bending
- Some heavy lifting, moving skates and shoveling snow
- Exposed to cold air, wind, and cooler temperatures
- Always Wearing a mask
- Maintain physical distancing in shared spaces
- Reporting any symptom of illness immediately, do not come into work when ill
- Practice good hand hygiene
- Must be fully vaccinated prior to commencement of employment
- Pass on-site screening at begin of each shift
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Acceptable applications must include a current resume and a cover letter, indicating why you wish to join the team, how you would meet the criteria for this key position, and your salary expectation.
Harbourfront is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply by contacting email@example.com by no later than December 31, 2021. Please quote Rink Supervisor in the subject line of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.