Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
We are currently seeking energetic and enthusiastic Production Assistants to join our Production team. This position offers the opportunity to work for one of the leading multidisciplinary arts institutions in the world.
Position Title: Production Assistant
Reporting to: Senior Manager, Production
Type of Employment: Seasonal
Summary of Function:
The Production Assistant is responsible for assisting the Production Managers/Coordinators with the creation and compilation of event paperwork for all assigned festivals and events. They also provide support during the execution of festivals and events by assisting with the load in, set up and strike.
• Assemble event package information for distribution to the various service departments and Production staff.
• Revise and update venue diagrams, production schedules and information packages for service departments
• Enter data in Harbourfront Centre’s event management system, Artifax
• Attend event team meetings, take notes and support the assigned Production Manager/Coordinator with event data entry.
• Assist with festival preparation prior to each event, which includes preparing equipment and supplies and meeting and directing deliveries.
• Work with the Production Manager/Coordinator post event to ensure venue and site strike of equipment and event supplies is complete.
• Assist with the execution of major festivals by carrying out various duties including coordinating and installing signage, disseminating updated paperwork and assisting with the physical set up of venues.
Skills & Requirements
• Knowledge of theatre and event production including event management and logistics planning and technical skills.
• One to three years demonstrated experience in theatre production, event logistics, festivals, corporate events.
• Highly effective communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills required in working with individuals and fostering open and honest relationships and communication, respecting confidentiality.
• Results oriented and proactive, with the ability to multitask, prioritize and work independently.
• Uphold the highest ethical standards and a pursuit of excellence and innovation.
• Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Work schedule varies, working weekdays, evenings, weekends, holidays and/or irregular hours and overtime.
• Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada for the full duration of the contract.
• Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization
• Previous experience with event management and CRM databases an asset.
• Computer proficiency in the following programs is considered an asset: Microsoft Visio, QLab, Vectorworks, AutoCAD and Artifax.
• Experience in the not-for-profit sector is an asset.
• Experience in corporate event management preferable.
• Knowledge of Canada’s art community is an asset.
• Current Province of Ontario driver’s license or evidence of equivalent mobility is an asset.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than March 9, 2023. Please quote Production Assistant in the subject line of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.