Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
Currently, we are seeking a part time Operations Crew member to join our Facilities Department. Reporting to the Building & Facilities Coordinator, this position is responsible for cleaning buildings on a daily basis, performing setup of events and monitoring cleanliness of building during events.
Position Title: Operations Crew
Reporting To: Building & Facilities Coordinator
Employment Type: Casual / Part-Time
Shift Type: Days / Afternoon / Evening
Hours: 16-40 hours per week (able to work days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays)
- Cleaning, sweeping, mopping, emptying garbage, high dusting, detail cleaning and scooping, vacuuming of buildings, office space, theatre auditorium and events spaces.
- Assemble/dismantle setups and strikes including tables, chairs, stages, kitchen equipment, etc as required.
- Maintain Harbourfront Centre equipment (e.g., tables, chairs, vacuums, sign boards, etc.
- Respond to requests from Harbourfront Centre employees, the public and provide assistance as required.
- Monitoring and maintaining public washrooms. Spot and detail cleaning, keeping washrooms stocked and resupplying as needed.
- Bussing, cleaning and rearranging tables in a food court type and public seating area.
- Proper sanitation of high touch area, furniture and equipment.
- Ability to operate equipment used for cleaning, steam cleaner, vacuum, etc is required.
- Physically able to lift and move tables and chairs and other related equipment, up to 50lbs.
- Personable and polite (courteous with staff and the public.)
- Professional work ethic and able to work with limited supervision.
- Available to work varying shifts: day, evening, night shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Team player.
- Good attendance and punctual.
- WHMIS training is desirable.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada for the full duration of the contract.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply by contacting email@example.com by no later than March 31, 2023. Please quote Operations Crew in the subject line of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.