Application Deadline: June 28, 2022
Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
Harbourfront Centre Sailing and Powerboating (HCSP), is currently seeking a motivated and reliable individual to join our Sailing and Power Boating Department as Office Staff Supervisor. This position will be responsible for supervising and supporting our HCSP Office team, and overseeing operations when on shift.
Position: OFFICE STAFF SUPERVISOR
Department: SAILING & POWERBOATING
Reporting to: HCSP MANAGER
Direct Reports: SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES (OFFICE STAFF)
Type of Employment: SEASONAL
DURATION: June – October, 2022
HOURS: Full-time Hours – 1 position at 35-40 hrs/week (including weekday, evenings, weekends and holidays)
WAGE: $18 per hour
Summary of Function:
Reporting directly to the HCSP Centre Manager the Office Staff Supervisor will be expected to ensure the smooth running of operations, assist with front office duties, deal with staff and customer enquiries, daily financial end of day checks, and communicating close out to management. The Office Supervisor will be required to know all areas of the business in order to supervise and assist staff, and comprehensive training will be provided.
- Supervise and support Sales and Administrative Representatives
- Oversee operations while on duty, assigning tasks to staff and ensuring that responsibilities are carried in accordance with policies, and assisting where needed
- Provide professional front line service delivery to clients and customers, including handling customer complaints and resolutions when on shift
- Provide customers with service information selling our services, processing transactions, handling boat management, course/rental applications, filing/ entering data, and member liaison
- Ensure that all Club and Health and Safety policies and measures are adhered to by staff and customers
- Motivate and support staff in all aspects of their job
- Oversee boat resource allocation – ensuring that the correct amount of boats are effectively assigned to scheduled rentals and member bookings
- Ensure that reported boat maintenance issues are effectively and efficiently communicated to the dock supervisor team, manage the proceeding bookings and boat reassignment, and where necessary, keeping customers informed of developments and options
- Responsible for monitoring the weather in relation to customers safety and club policies and communicating with this with the HCSP Centre Manager
- Ensure all club and company policies are adhered to with follow-up communications to the HCSP Centre Manager should any issues arise in relation to non-compliance with these policies
- Prepare incident reports should any incident take place whilst on shift, and communicate this immediately to the HCSP Centre Manager
- Responsible for closing procedures, including end of day fleet inventory checks and daily financial deposits
- Ensure the building, sub structures, and fleet are secured at the end of the day, all boat keys are accounted for, the building is alarmed, and all is communicated to management and security
- Build positive relationships with members
- Any other duties as required
Skills & Requirements
- Secondary education with good grades in Math and English
- Experience in customer service, sales and administration
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with people with good professional telephone manner
- Good organization and time management skills, able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Must be detail orientated
- Must be computer literate, familiar with Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Google Drive, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and statutory holidays
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada for the full duration of the contract.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization
- Preferably post-secondary education in the fields of Tourism/Hospitality/Leisure Management
- Preferable experience with a sailing/club membership background in customer service, sales and administration
- Knowledge in Tessitura and Artifax databases are an asset
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harborfront is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than June 28, 2022. Please quote Dock Operations Supervisor in the subject line of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.