Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
We are currently looking for a part time Hospitality Supervisor this position offers the opportunity to work for one of the leading multidisciplinary arts institutions in the world.
Position Title: Hospitality Supervisor
Department: Visitor Experience
Reporting to: Manger, Hospitality
Type of Employment: Part Time, Varies (Daytime, Weekends & Evenings)
Summary of Function:
The Hospitality Supervisor is responsible for assisting with all bar services, and hospitality offerings at Harbourfront Centre campus wide. The Hospitality Supervisor will oversee the bartending staff to ensure the overall readiness and cleanliness of theatre and satellite bars, and hospitality services, with attention to department expectations and excellent customer service.
- Provide and maintain excellent service standards
- Assist Hospitality Coordinator with staff training and ensure staff are up to date with product knowledge
- Ensure bar staff properly stock product and manage inventory levels
- Assist with the overall readiness, cleanliness, and maintenance of venues and related food and beverage services and equipment
- Assist the Hospitality Coordinator to execute venue and bar set-up for performances, receptions, and special events
- Communicate effectively with internal departments and external clients on event day
- Responsible for accurate end- of- day cash outs and till balancing, as well as cash handling and card transactions on POS system
- Develop understanding of functions and basic troubleshooting of POS system
- Complete comprehensive event reports, capturing sales, low inventory, and event details
- Assist bar staff in performing general cleaning duties, such as wiping down bars before and after events, taking dishes and glassware to dishwasher, cleaning coffee carafes and stations
- Transfer product across Harbourfront Centre site in preparation for events
- Assist in the maintenance and upkeep of all service items, such as linens, glassware, and equipment
- Assist in the coordination of hospitality for artist and staff/volunteer services, including room set up and execution of service campus-wide
- 2+ years serving/ bartending experience
- 1+ years supervisory/management experience, preferably in the hospitality industry
- Smart Serve certified a must
- Experience working with and troubleshooting F&B POS systems
- Job requires strong verbal communication skills in dealing with public and VIP guests
- Job requires alertness, attention to detail, and an ability to perform many tasks at once
- Candidate must demonstrate ability to work efficiently within strict timelines in accordance with department expectations
- Comfortable in a supervisory role with the ability to offer constructive feedback and efficiently problem solve
- Demonstrate knowledge of the industry AGCO guidelines regarding alcohol service, and an understanding of Harbourfront Centre’s liquor license
- Work schedule varies, mainly evenings and weekends
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada for the full duration of the contract.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization
- Knowledge in mixology is an asset
- Restaurant serving experience preferred
- Food Handlers certification an asset
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply by contacting email@example.com by no later than March 31, 2023. Please quote Hospitality Supervisor in the subject line of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.