Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
We are currently looking for a part time Hospitality Supervisor this position offers the opportunity to work for one of the leading multidisciplinary arts institutions in the world.
Position Title: Hospitality Supervisor
Department: Visitor Experience
Reporting to: Manger, Hospitality
Direct Reports: Bartenders
Type of Employment: Part Time
Rate: $22 per hour
Summary of Function:
As the Hospitality Supervisor you will have the opportunity to oversee the daily operation of bars and concessions, catering receptions and backstage artist hospitality as you lead and motivate a team of bartenders. You will be a part of the Visitor Experience Team and provide top notch service to all of our visitors where our goal is to exceed expectations as we welcome visitor’s back to our site.
• Assist with linen distribution for internal and rental events and keep linen supply room in proper order
• Ensure event requests are filled and reserved and maintain linen inventories at Theatres
• Set- up satellite bar tables, supplies and brief all serving/ bartending staff on event details outlined by the Assistant F&B Manager
• Oversee rental equipment, external caterers and ensure bars are stocked and equipped according to specific event menu
• Liase with event organizers about changes in bar details and F&B requests
• Support bar and serving staff by covering breaks, assisting in set up and strike, restocking, and event clean-up
• Complete end- of- event duties, including event reports, and inventory counts
• Coordinate bar procedures and set- up training for new staff
• Ensure staff understand and adhere to the laws set out by the AGCO and keep staff up-to-date with product knowledge
• Responsible for tills throughout event and end- of-day cash out and ensure tills have the appropriate amount of change
• Track and submit gratuities to Assistant F&B Manager
• Oversee maintenance of card readers, tablets, and charging devices
• Manage any POS troubleshooting and system upgrades and assist in any updated software training for all part-time staff
• Conduct monthly inventory counts at every venue and move product between buildings based on upcoming events
• Track inventories and product movement on POS system
• Monitor product expiration and rotate as needed
• Monitor Ice machines, glasswashers, and coffee machines functionality
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Proactive, engaging and collaborative individual who will energize Harbourfront Centre’s hospitality offering
• Successful completion of secondary education
• Three + years of success in hospitality, preferably within food and beverage
• Smart Serve certified
• Strong passion for the arts and client engagement
• Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
• Strong understanding of inventory controls
• Strong understanding of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) rules
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Experience supervising/managing food and beverage hospitality
• Outstanding relationship-management skills, including the ability to work closely and collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders
• A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people-management skills
• Highly effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization, including the ability to build and maintain relationships with departments
• Creative, innovative thinker and strong work ethic
• Energetic, self-motivated, and results-oriented
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, and web based applications
• The ability to work irregular hours and weekends to deliver service as required
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply by contacting email@example.com by no later than April 1, 2022. Please quote Supervisor Hospitality in the subject line of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.