Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
We are currently on the lookout for several self-motivated and reliable Harbourfront Centre Ambassadors to join our Site Services & Operations department for summer 2022. If you love working outdoors, have a friendly and positive disposition, we would love to hear from you!
Position Title: Harbourfront Centre Ambassador
Department: Site Services & Operations
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Direct reports: None
Key Relationships: Security, Parking, Site Operations
Type of Employment: Seasonal
Summary of Function:
The Harbourfront Centre Ambassador positon is a front line position, which monitors the physical distancing behaviours of visitors to Harbourfront Centre’s 10-acre campus and provides guidance on safe measures to aid in stopping the spread of COVID-19. In addition, it manages public engagement by responding to inquiries, disseminating information about available services and offerings, and providing site directions.
• Greet visitors and engage with the public by responding to inquiries, disseminating information about available services and offerings on our campus, and providing site directions.
• Provide superior customer service in alignment with the Harbourfront Centre brand.
• Report to supervisor a summary of relevant or common feedback shared by visitors.
• Assist with vehicle access to site through main gate
• Assist with various customer service duties within parking lot and perform washroom monitoring
• Monitor the physical distancing behavior of visitors and provide information and guidance on safe measures to aid in stopping the spread of COVID-19
• Report and escalate situations that require the assistance of other departments such as Security, Site Operation, etc., as needed.
• Other duties as required.
Skills & Requirements
• Must be responsible and able to work unsupervised.
• Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills, and a friendly outgoing personality to deal with the general public.
• Must be comfortable providing directive and being politely assertive as needed, to ensure adherence to safety measures and to manage possible situations of conflict that may arise.
• Must have good judgment to assess when escalation assistance might be needed from other departments.
• Must be able to work varying shifts, including weekdays and weekends.
• Must be comfortable working outdoors.
• Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada for the full duration of the contract.
• Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization
• Experience in a frontline customer service role, engaging with a diverse public is an asset
• An understanding of Harbourfront Centre and its offerings, and a familiarity with our 10-acre campus and the central waterfront periphery is an asset
• Fluency or ability to communicate in one or more languages outside of English is an asset
• Varying shifts of 4-8 hours during weekdays and weekends.
• Approx. 25-35 hours per week
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply by contacting email@example.com by no later than June 8, 2022. Please quote HC Ambassador in the subject line of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.