Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
We are currently looking to bring on board a Digital Marketing Manager to help drive Harbourfront Centre forward as we grow our digital footprint, build new audiences and to better connect the digital experience through social media, online content, and digital paid advertising and on our website.
Position Title: Digital Marketing Manager
Department: Marketing & Creative Services
Reporting To: Director, Marketing
Type of Employment: Full-time, 35 hours a week
Work Location: Toronto
What you will be doing:
- Develop comprehensive strategies alongside the Director of Marketing and the wider marketing team around the promotion of our all year long programming and events across our 10+ acre campus in the heart of Toronto
- Ensure that our website accurately reflects current and up to date information that is easy to navigate and follows the correct customer journey and funnel as required.
- Support the teams who create digital content across social media platforms in a strategic and thoughtful approach to visitor growth and engagement
- Lead monthly, quarterly and annual KPI reporting and metrics tracking and analysis to drive growth across our various digital activities and to feed into the larger marketing strategy as a whole
- Contribute to marketing plans partnering with the cross functional groups at Harbourfront Centre to align to goals as the voice of the customer/visitor
- Evaluate new platforms and technologies and stay current with digital marketing trends, tools and strategies
- Build a schedule and calendar of events as part of the larger omni channel marketing strategy
- Manage a small team of digital team members to support the larger digital strategy and campaign execution
What you bring to the Role:
- Post secondary degree or diploma (or equivalent experience)
- 3-5+ years experience managing multi channel digital marketing campaigns and media
- Experience in people management a strong asset
- Experience with digital marketing analytics tools & social media platforms & ad platforms
- Detail oriented and organized when presenting information
- Knowledge of website usage and google analytics
- Strong prioritizing, problem-solving, presentation, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a high performing team and deliver on deadlines
- Experience using a Content Management System a plus
- Experience using a CRM tool (HubSpot considered a strong asset)
- Experience writing effective copy for online digital performance and engagement is considered a strong asset
- Ability to manage agencies or roll up your sleeves and “get into the weeds” as needed
Some Must Know:
- You must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada.
- This role is based in Toronto. The candidate must be able to work on site at our downtown lakeside campus, however a hybrid-work model is being considered.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront Centre values and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in our teams, creative communities, programmes and services. We invite qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Acceptable applications must include:
- A current resume
- A cover letter indicating your salary expectations and why you would be the perfect fit for the role
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their candidacy by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than November 9, 2022. Please quote Digital Marketing Manager in the subject line of the application.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.