Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
We are Canada’s leading destination for contemporary culture, the place where creative thinking thrives, ideas are shared and the next generation of artistic talent is nurtured, and we are looking for a Chief Marketing Officer who will join us for our next chapter of growth!
We are reimaging our future and are in the midst of an exciting rebrand. If you are a growth-oriented team-player with strong conceptual, analytical, strategic, and social skills you will love our opportunity.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Marketing Officer will be an experienced executive who will lead the Marketing, Development and Visitor Experience divisions of the organization.
The CMO will liaise with other company executives to establish company-wide goals. They will also assist their management teams in creating strategies that achieve brand recognition, revenue generation and growth goals through a range of marketing and customer service functions and activities. The CMO will have a broad understanding of financial and brand health, data analytics, as well as provide excellent leadership and engagement.
- Strategically plan and manage Harbourfront’s market position, competitive analysis, customer segment selection, penetration plans and product positioning.
- Maintain the brand integrity of Harbourfront Centre and strategically position Harbourfront Centre as an industry leader.
- Lead the Marketing, Development and Visitor Experience teams, including hiring, training, engagement, workloads, project completion, budget and strategy.
- Develop and lead marketing strategies that will consistently meet or exceed planned objectives.
- Develop and track metrics and success criteria for all programs and activities.
- Conduct customer, brand, and product research initiatives.
- Manage and improve performance of existing marketing campaigns and channels across SEO, SEM, email and paid social.
- Oversee the operation of company website and email marketing program and conduct analytics review.
- Collaborate on promotions management, marketing calendar management, marketing performance measurement and approval workflows.
- Manage agency providers, consultants, freelancers, and other suppliers, including contract negotiation and management.
- Work closely with the Digital Transformation and Technology teams to generate marketing feeds, automate marketing processes, and develop a data-driven and key items-approach towards acquisition marketing.
- Oversee the philanthropic and corporate revenue-generation strategy as well as government grants from three levels of government. Work with the Director of Development to devise annual and long-term strategies to achieve and grow fundraising goals.
- Provide exemplary visitor experience for all Harbourfront patrons by aligning Ticketing, Info Desk, Front of House, Food & Beverage, Accessibility Services and Volunteers under one umbrella of service.
- Minimum of 3–5 years of executive-level experience in marketing and communications
- BA or MA in marketing, communications, or similar relevant field
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing marketing and sales strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives, providing personal leadership through example
- In-depth knowledge of big data analysis
- Strong strategic planning and analysis skills in sales, marketing, and business (competitive) strategy
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment
- Ability to manage and co-ordinate the end-to-end development process while meeting deadlines and budget requirements
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Strong financial acumen and ability to manage budgets, revenue sales, ticketing income
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada for the full duration of the contract.
- Remote work from home is currently in place, however the candidate must be able to work on site as needed, and when a return-to-work directive is in place.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Acceptable applications must include a current resume and a cover letter, indicating why you wish to join the team, how you would meet the criteria for this key position, and your salary expectation.
Harbourfront is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply by contacting email@example.com by no later than December 3, 2021. Please quote Chief Marketing Officer in the subject line of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.