Application Deadline: May 27, 2023
Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
We are currently seeking reliable and responsible individuals to join our Visitor Experience team as a Bartender. Reporting to the Manager, Hospitality the bartender plays a key role in assisting with all bar services, and hospitality offerings at Harbourfront Centre, specifically at our 2 theatres, Fleck Dance Theatre and Harbourfront Centre Theatre.
Position Title: Bartender
Department: Visitor Experience
Reporting to: Manager, Hospitality
Type of Employment: Part-time, Varies (Daytime, Weekends & Evenings)
- Assist Hospitality Supervisor, providing and maintaining excellent service standards and inventory control
- Stocking all areas with products and ensuring staff are keeping appropriate par levels
- Assist with the overall readiness, cleanliness, and maintenance of venues and related food and beverage services and equipment
- Assist with event set-up, receptions, and coordinating with internal departments and external clients on all F&B aspects
- Handle cash and card transactions on POS system, as well as end- of- day cash outs and till balancing
- Develop understanding of functions and basic troubleshooting of POS system
- Performs general cleaning duties, such as wiping down bars before and after events, taking dishes and glassware to dishwasher for service, cleaning coffee carafes and stations
- Transfer bar products across Harbourfront Centre site in preparation for events
- Assist in the maintenance and control of all service items, such as linens, glassware, and equipment
- Assist with the overall inventory controls, and organization of product on the Harbourfront Campus
- Assist with Artist & Staff hospitality coordination for various artist services, and staff/ volunteer events
- 1+ years Bartending experience in a theatre or high-volume setting
- Smart Serve certified
- Experience with F&B POS systems
- Job requires strong verbal communication skills in dealing with public and VIP guests
- Job requires alertness, attention to detail, and an ability to perform many tasks at once
- Candidate must demonstrate ability to work efficiently within strict timelines in accordance with department expectations
- Demonstrate knowledge of the industry AGCO guidelines regarding alcohol service, and an understanding of Harbourfront Centre’s liquor license
- Work schedule varies, mainly evenings and weekends
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada for the full duration of the contract.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization
- Knowledge in mixology is an asset
- Restaurant serving experience preferred
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than May 27, 2023. Please quote Bartender in the subject line of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.