Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
We are currently seeking a dynamic, results-oriented and savvy Associate, Corporate Partnerships to support Harbourfront Centre’s efforts in securing and stewarding contributions and sponsorship partnerships that contribute to our revenue generation goals.
Position Title: Associate, Corporate Partnerships
Reporting to: Director, Development
Type of Employment: Full-time with benefits
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Job Location: Toronto
Summary of Function:
The Associate, Corporate Partnerships supports the Director, Development, in securing and stewarding contributions to Harbourfront Centre (HC) and IFOA through the corporate giving portfolio (sponsorship and philanthropic). This entails identifying and researching corporate prospects, managing and documenting the cultivation and solicitation plan, creating tailored corporate sponsorship proposals and philanthropic applications, making presentations, and negotiating contracts and benefit packages. The Associate, Corporate Partnerships is responsible for supervising seasonal staff supporting the Development department, as well as volunteers on an as needed basis.
• Act as an ambassador for Harbourfront Centre. The incumbent will develop an in-depth knowledge of the Harbourfront Centre brand, its programs, events and audiences, attend external receptions, conferences, seminars and other events at Harbourfront Centre and within the community as a representative of the company to keep informed about the objectives of Harbourfront Centre.
• Be responsible for a portfolio of corporate donors and reach a personal fundraising target as set by the Director, Corporate Partnerships.
• Respond to requests for brand activations (HC Partners and external inquiries) and oversee set-up and execution of activations.
• Support donor cultivation and solicitation through preparation of prospect and donor profiles, call briefing notes and call reports, sponsorship and corporate major gift proposals, grant applications (corporations), and sponsorship, activation and corporate major gift agreements.
• Develop relationships with agencies and secure meetings to present upcoming Harbourfront Centre programming alignments and opportunities for their clients.
• Support the other DOC with preparation of tailored proposals for presentation to the prospective sponsor.
• Drive all partner servicing activities for corporate partners (sponsorship and philanthropic giving).
• Ensure contract obligations are met (e.g. logo recognition & category exclusivity).
• Maintain sponsor recognition across the Harbourfront Centre site and web.
• Review, circulate, approve and track all print and digital marketing materials, and manage production deadlines.
• Prepare timely and thorough written evaluations, final stewardship reports and financial reconciliations of partnership agreements.
• Report on the ROI for sponsors using the latest IEG method of sponsorship evaluation.
• Manage solicitor contacts with prospects and tracks all funder activity.
• Coordinate the on-site sponsor brand engagement logistics with internal and external stakeholders.
• Manage internal Flickr account to track all sponsor-related activities.
• Support department events.
Skills & Requirements
• Post-secondary education in Communications, Marketing or similar.
• 3-5 years equivalent experience.
• Proven experience in corporate fundraising or marketing.
• Superior interpersonal skills and relationship building skills.
• Diplomacy skills to respond to difficult situations and requests.
• Excellent writing and verbal skills to deal with representatives of corporate partners.
• Proven research and negotiation skills.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to organize multiple activities within time deadlines.
• Excellent computer skills including experience using relational databases, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience using Tessitura is desirable.
• Knowledge of current business and marketing trends, practices as well as sponsorship marketing practices and corporate philanthropy is desirable.
• French language knowledge is an asset.
• Agency experience, focus on experiential marketing and brand engagement is an asset.
• Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada.
• This role is based in Toronto. Remote work from home is currently in place, however when a return-to-work directive is communicated, the candidate must be able to work on site at our downtown lakeside campus.
• Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront Centre is committed to diversity an inclusiveness. We encourage qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Acceptable applications must include a current resume and a cover letter indicating why you wish to join the team, how you meet the essential criteria for this role, and your salary expectation.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by contacting email@example.com by no later than April 10, 2022. Please quote Associate, Corporate Partnerships in the subject line of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.