Application Deadline: June 17, 2022
Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
We are currently seeking a competent Assistant, Volunteer Engagement to join the Volunteer department during the busy summer festival season.
Position Title: Assistant, Volunteer Engagement
Department: Visitor Experience
Reporting to: Manager, Volunteer Engagement
Type of Employment: Contract
Summary of Function:
The Assistant Volunteer Engagement will be responsible for administrative tasks such as responding to volunteer inquiries, scheduling volunteers, preparing volunteer packages, and tracking volunteer contributions, as well as festival/event execution and volunteer support on weekends.
- Fielding volunteer inquiries, returning calls and responding to emails in a timely manner
- Maintaining shift schedule spreadsheets and tracking departmental volunteer requests
- Creating and posting volunteer opportunities on the Volunteer Management System (Better Impact)
- Preparing volunteer packages for each event and distributing them in a timely manner
- Facilitating volunteer sign-in process for events on the Volunteer Management System
- Assisting with post-event follow-up evaluations, as needed
- Maintaining volunteer database and statistics with accuracy, attention to detail
- Supervising volunteers at the Volunteer Lounge or elsewhere on campus
- Completion of post-secondary degree in arts, music, event and/or volunteer management or related field.
- 1-2 years of administrative experience.
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada according to relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, and database management.
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, collaborating with many different teams
- Job requires some flexibility, working evenings and weekends
- Experience in event/venue and/or volunteer management is an asset.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada for the full duration of the contract.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than June 17, 2022. Please quote Assistant, Volunteer Engagement in the subject line of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.