Application Deadline: April 22, 2022
Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
We are currently seeking an organized, energetic and collaborative Assistant Marketplace Coordinator to help ensure the smooth operation of the marketplace and food vendors set-up and visitor experience on our campus in preparation for, and during our upcoming 2022 spring and summer live events.
Position Title: Assistant Marketplace Coordinator
Department: Cultural Engagement
Reporting to: Associate Partner Producer & Marketplace Coordinator
Rate of Pay: $17.50 per hour
Type of Employment: Contract, May 2 – September 9, 2022
Hours of Work: May to July: Monday to Friday 9:30 am to 5:30 pm (subject to change based on weekend festival schedules) and Saturday May 21 to Monday May 23 (Victoria Day long weekend) daytime and early evening work. July to September: Wednesday & Thursday – 9:30 am to 5:30 pm and Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays -daytime and/or evening work (depending on festival scheduling needs).
Work Location: Toronto
- Liaise with Lakeview Market and food vendors (Food Lab, food trucks, snack booths), providing vendors with information and access to Harbourfront Centre services.
- Create vendor contracts and follow-up with payments and documentation required to run the Lakeview Market, snack booths, food trucks, and Food Lab.
- Work closely with Security, Operations and Grounds Departments to ensure the smooth operation of the Food Labs, snack booths, food trucks, and Lakeview Market.
- Ensure Harbourfront Centre rules and regulations are adhered to by vendors.
- Ensure vendor issues are quickly resolved.
- Write reports regarding vendor activities while the marketplace is open.
- Perform other duties as required.
Requirements & Skills
- Previous customer / hospitality service is a must.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required in order to deal effectively with vendors, the public, and co-workers.
- Tact and diplomacy are required when dealing with vendor issues.
- Must possess the following personal attributes: enthusiastic, energetic, reliable, responsible and collaborative.
- Ability to maintain a positive and pleasant manner in all circumstances.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make decisions in stressful situations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, and database management. The successful candidate will be trained in software programs such as Tessitura and Artifax.
- Previous experience working directly with vendors is preferred.
- Previous administrative experience considered an asset.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination.
- Must be available to work all weekends and statutory holidays in July and August.
- Must be okay working a flexible work schedule based on the needs of the festivals and events.
- Must feel comfortable working outdoors in all types of weather, including but not limited to high temperatures and rain.
- Some heavy lifting is required.
- Work involves long periods of standing and walking around the site.
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Acceptable applications must include a cover letter and a current resume.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com by no later than April 22, 2022. Please quote Assistant Marketplace Coordinator in the subject line of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.