Application Deadline: June 14, 2022
Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned artistic, educational and recreational programming across a beautiful 10-acre campus at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 45 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world, presenting thousands of events annually from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design, to visual arts and more. Welcoming visitors year-round, there is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre!
Currently an employment opportunity exists in our Cultural Engagement Department for a contract/seasonal position of Events Assistant. This position reports to the Interim Senior Manager and is responsible in assisting the festival team with administrative tasks including Artist Services support.
Position Title: Event Assistant
Department: Cultural Engagement
Reporting to: Interim Senior Manager
Type of Employment: Seasonal- Full Time: June 27 to September 5, 2022
- Works directly with the Artist Services Lead and the Cultural Engagement team. Will assist the Company Manager and Producers with the operational logistics for the festivals including coordinating ground travel, backstage hospitality and pre-day set up.
- Supports the Associate Producer in drawing up contracts for artists and gathering information from artists such as bios, payment information and other materials for marketing purposes.
- Provides administrative support such as contract execution volunteer requests.
- Attends meetings for events with production staff. Takes minutes and action items as required.
- Consolidates and distributes interdepartmental documents (marketing materials, production schedules and more).
- Assists with onsite producing, including festival set up and strike when needed.
- Generates thank you letters for the artists, partners and consulates involved in the festival and assists with post-project evaluations.
- Works with the Director, Cultural Engagement with specific research initiatives.
Skills & Requirements
- Previous administrative experience in an office setting.
- Previous event experience.
- Availability to work weekends and evenings including ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Excellent communication skills, including phone calls.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, and database management.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada for the full duration of the contract.
- Harbourfront Centre recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization
We’re friendly, welcoming and inclusive, with an experimental attitude that thrives on collaboration.
To achieve our bold ambition we empower and support imaginative risk and we always try to learn from our mistakes.
We are committed to excellence in all we do, ensuring every visitor encounter is safe, memorable and enriching.
We value and respect each other and all our visitors, celebrating difference and striving to realise potential.
Harbourfront is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than June 14, 2022. Please quote Events Assistant in the subject line of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.